Security Installer Community

Concept System

max1

hi, ive recently moved into a new house with an alarm system. the former occupier left the code for the alarm for me, but i want to change it to my own code. im not sure what system it is and i have no user manual, all it has written on the front is that its a Concept advanced microprocessor Control. i wondered if there was anyway you would know what system it is or how i could change the code.

kind regards

max1

post-27031-1239201002_thumb.jpg

hi, ive recently moved into a new house with an alarm system. the former occupier left the code for the alarm for me, but i want to change it to my own code. im not sure what system it is and i have no user manual, all it has written on the front is that its a Concept advanced microprocessor Control. i wondered if there was anyway you would know what system it is or how i could change the code.

kind regards

max1

Not sure if this is your 'Concept' or not, but, this might br the way to change your code.

Fingers crossed :hmm:

ADE_Concept_6_User_Manual_.pdf

Meant to say, please let us know if this works or not, I can then make a note against this file, cheers.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 2 weeks later...
redbull is correct!

Hello People.. I believe I have this exact same alarm in my own home. When I first moved in just over three years ago, I managed to contact the original installer, who for a fee came out and reset everything for me. It worked fine, until there was a power cut.. when after a while, I assume the battery failed and the alarm started sounding. This stopped once the power came back up, however the alram panel, although appearing fine, appeared to have forgotten my code, and simply did nothing but beep as keys are pressed.

Engineer call out two... more expensive, but a fraction of the time to complete the task... like 5 mins!! Still I was happy as it all worked again.

Until yesterday... another powercut. Same problem..

I have the user manual above, but none of these options seem to work... What do I need to do? Is there an original installation manual that'll stop me from having to pay this man his massive sums for his quick fix that I do not understand?

Help.. Please!!! :unsure:

to be fair mate, it shouldnt do that on a power failure. Id get it serviced properly rather than just bodged to make it work again.... for a bit

Don't know if I made myself clear.. it's not instant, I assume its after the battery dies... at which point it seems to lose its code memory.... Does that make any difference, or do you still think its knackered? Just seems wierd that he fiddles for a few mins, and its all back to normal running correctly.

Hello People.. I believe I have this exact same alarm in my own home. When I first moved in just over three years ago, I managed to contact the original installer, who for a fee came out and reset everything for me. It worked fine, until there was a power cut.. when after a while, I assume the battery failed and the alarm started sounding. This stopped once the power came back up, however the alram panel, although appearing fine, appeared to have forgotten my code, and simply did nothing but beep as keys are pressed.

Engineer call out two... more expensive, but a fraction of the time to complete the task... like 5 mins!! Still I was happy as it all worked again.

Until yesterday... another powercut. Same problem..

I have the user manual above, but none of these options seem to work... What do I need to do? Is there an original installation manual that'll stop me from having to pay this man his massive sums for his quick fix that I do not understand?

Help.. Please!!! :unsure:

hello & welcome

regards enginner / installation manuals - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...mp;f=4&id=8

+ this is a security installer forum (clues in the domain name) your not gonna make friends or get help saying "massive summs for a quick fix" or similar as it sounds like your saying were crooks TBH

cheers

c.

Don't know if I made myself clear.. it's not instant, I assume its after the battery dies... at which point it seems to lose its code memory.... Does that make any difference, or do you still think its knackered? Just seems wierd that he fiddles for a few mins, and its all back to normal running correctly.

how long of a delay? ie minutes or 8 hours?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

how long of a delay? ie minutes or 8 hours?

Couple of hours (I figure the battery may need replacing too)

Apologies for my choice of words chaps, :unsure: I wasnt trying to offend anyone... Suppose in these times of hardship everyone is trying to save a penny or two where they can.

I dont think the chap is trying to fiddle me at all, he has a call out charge, and a business to run. He's a pleasant chap, but it just seems senseless me paying over and over, say for example if I wanted to change some light fittings, (The alarm being hooked up to the lighting circuit) I may want not to electrocute myself and knock the power off... but that then means I might have to call the alarm guy again.

no harm done I assure you just trying to avoid an e version of WWIII.

your battery should keep it going for hours (8ish) so somethings not right IMO

do you know when the back up battery was last changed?

if your a little iffy around electrics our advice will be of little use to be honest.

there are other serice providers around maybe phone round for 3 quotes for a service & ask std battery prices at the same time?

Only you really know if your upto DIY'ing a solution based on any advise given by us

goood luck

cheers

C.

as above it should last for a minimum of 8 hours. But there are plenty of people who ignore the regs and fit the smallest cheapest battery they can. (new systems need to last 12 hours)

sounds like you may have a battery or charger issue

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

as above it should last for a minimum of 8 hours. But there are plenty of people who ignore the regs and fit the smallest cheapest battery they can. (new systems need to last 12 hours)

sounds like you may have a battery or charger issue

Accepted, and thanks... i will have to have a hunt round then. Would just be nice to know how to make my alarm usable in the meantime which, regardless of the battery issue, from the previous instances is clearly possible to do. Thanks for advice peeps.

We cover Cheshire.

Why not call us, i will give you a fixed cost for a call out, service and battery or just a call out and battery its up to you.

Regards

Andy

Sorry thaught you where in Cheshire not Chester. Phone us anyway we will quote you.

don't see any prob in giving out user codes personally

will it help?

Guys, You are legends... my alarm back to normal, and my house will not be burgled anymore!! I will however be enquiring about getting that battery sorted. Many thanks. cheers

We cover Cheshire.

Why not call us, i will give you a fixed cost for a call out, service and battery or just a call out and battery its up to you.

Regards

Andy

Sorry thaught you where in Cheshire not Chester. Phone us anyway we will quote you.

Noted, I shall be in touch! Prob for a quote for both aspects. :o)

• 1 year later...

Archived