Security Installer Community

A Standard Issue ?

well here is an update

i got the samples

sold most of them on e bay

and made a clean 100% profit

but they didn't sell fast if am honest

i sell other items there and it doesn't look like am going to repeat the experiment

another thing

i got bunch of pir smoke /gas /detectors etc

the only thing thats selling s the systems and they only come with 1 pir and 1 door connector

why is that ? it doesn't make sense to me ? am i doing some thing wrong ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well here is an update

i got the samples

sold most of them on e bay

and made a clean 100% profit

but they didn't sell fast if am honest

i sell other items there and it doesn't look like am going to repeat the experiment

another thing

i got bunch of pir smoke /gas /detectors etc

the only thing thats selling s the systems and they only come with 1 pir and 1 door connector

why is that ? it doesn't make sense to me ? am i doing some thing wrong ?

The sad thing is that you are only looking at profit, most of us try to make a profit in doing our best to protect our customers, within their budget.

I have no more to say to you, except that I feel sorry for your clients!

n

The sad thing is that you are only looking at profit, most of us try to make a profit in doing our best to protect our customers, within their budget.

I have no more to say to you, except that I feel sorry for your clients!

n

the systems works fine

i tested the samples one by one

i don't feel sorry for the buyers

i think they are lucky they got a bargain that deliver the same as the rip off solutions

trading in fear is far from ethical

do you actually tell your costumers that if they pay more they will be safer ?

the systems works fine

i think they are lucky they got a bargain that deliver the same as the rip off solutions

You want to pass on the "cheapest" kit for mere/maximum profit with no knowledge of what your selling, grading, British or European standards (hence your Q) but question the ethics of the installers/service providers you ask and have asked the free advice of and brand the phrase "rip off" at us ?!?!?!?!?!

Nobody says paying more assures better quality but even a deaf, dumb & blind kid could tell you they are assured a better quality car from Bently that TATA mate.To Avoid confusion your the TATA of the industry but unlike them don't even know what your selling?!?!?!?!?!?!

Remember the advice given above and good luck selling on ebaY.

I feel you won't get too much more free help from us TBH.

cheers

C.

I only deal with customers. Seems like you're on the wrong forum - in more ways than one.

BS4737 and BS 6799 effectively ceased to exist a few years back in 2005, and was replaced with PD6662, which was a nod in the direction of EN50131. This was accompanied to some extent by DD243 (which concerns with remote signalling), and is now under draft as a British Standard (BS8243).

I ordered a copy of "A guide to home security" published by the Home Office, April 2009.

I've not given it a good read yet, but the first thing that jumped out at me is this advise from page 12 .....

Quote -

" Talk to your insurance company about the alarm companies it recommends before you decide which best suits your needs.

The system should meet British Standard BS4737 or BS6799 (wire-free) or the new European Standard EN50131-1."

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 1 year later...

the systems works fine

before more feathers get ruffled - busness ethics and the market sector aimed at are a persons own affair, and not for imho anyone else to criticise, unless you mis-represent what your doing/selling.

most on here are, or work for estabilshed busineses, we all get repeat work based on our 'name' and through word of mouth recommendations.

Price of kit don't equal quality or suitability, your kit will be ideal say for a garden shed protection or a student flat, which is only short term residence, where as 'we' are consentrating on quality and VFM to our client perceived over the longer term, getting a reasonable return for what we do and kow how to do - hopefully on the last one :whistle: .

you offer your products at bargain bucket low prices, but what about back up long term? i've traded 24 years and backup every single product i've ever sold, so i don't feel the need to be dealing with kit having a short life span. where i have done it becomes unavailable and so i'm likely left with a problem to replace it with far more expnsive kit at a loss.

that 'ethic' keeps my phone ringing from new work over a long period of time, useful in a depresion would you not say?

so no, i would not say more expensive means better safety, but perhaps better service and extended useful product longevity (well usually ;) ).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived