Security Installer Community

Suggestions Please

sacred

Knowing you this is a viable solution :P

<<<<<<<<<<<Disclaimer, this was a joke, no professional would dance under a glitter ball>>>>>>

Would they............................Hunts for James and last yrs IFFSEC videos.............

lol

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Hello all,

I have been asked to provide come up with a solution for the following problem..

background info;

The building is a recycling unit. Basically wagons drive in, dump there loads, drive out and a chap in a digger shovels the load into a hopper. This is a 30x60 m building. It currently has just 4 sounder / strobe units.

Now the problem is when the FA activates the drivers cannot hear it, and do not notice the strobes.

Could anyone recommend any products for alerting the drivers that they may have used in the past??

Any help would be gratefully received :unsure:

Thanks for reading!

Interface with the compactor and shut it down in the event of a fire alarm - no point deafening everyone with louder sounders.

Interface with the compactor and shut it down in the event of a fire alarm - no point deafening everyone with louder sounders.

Top answer me thinks....

Presumably the lorries pass through in one direction and stop in the same place each time.... is it that difficult to get a decent strobe light in the eye line??

You can also get big LED displays to flash up "Fire".....

As an add on radical idea you could get a low powered FM transmitter to operate on fire condition and make it policy for drivers to tune their radios to this frequency... but shutting down the external noise is still the favourite...

Thanks guys,shutting down the compactor gets my vote too.

:)

The lorries do come in one way, and out the other, and then they drive beneath the compactor, to receive their condensed load

Archived