Security Installer Community

Bt Versatility - What Is The Best Premicell?

Tflynn

Hi all

New to this and want some advice on which is the best premicell to use with an ISDN equipped BT Versatility?

I have 1 ISDN line connected and have a spare ISDN card in the CCU.

I want to route all mobile calls through the premicell.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Trevor

I have personally not seen an ISDN premicell, just PSTN.

The line ports you have on the Versatility can be either ISDN or PSTN depending which module you install in the slot. ISDN are red and PSTN are black.

You can have line 1+2 as the ISDN circuit, and then use line 3+4 for the PSTN. You would then program line 4 as un-equipped. Line 3 would be your PSTN premicell.

A black PSTN module is far more expensive than a red ISDN.

A quick google does suggest that ISDN Premicells do exist. Rather costly though, and you cannot un-equip 'half' of a versatility ISDN access.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Yes I gathered that I would have to buy an analogue line port for the Versatility and use that for connection to the premicell.

By going ISDN I would run into problems with line 4 as you say I could not disable that only the pair.

So what brand of premicell would you recommend?

Thanks Martin is it?

I can buy an analogue card as suggested and connect the premicell to this.

In a nutshell are they straight forward to connect and configure?

Very easy to connect, and as long as you have a sim card and contract/pay as you go, easy to setup. No issues to look out for other than the obvious - make sure you place the premicell away from electronic kit (including the PBX or any amps connected to it)......You know what it is like when you put a mobile near your stereo.......

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived