Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20

sirocco

not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

I am considering installing 3 mains powered interlinked smoke detectors in a 3 bed house using wireless for the interlink.

The alarms to be added to an existing Galaxy 2-20 panel via one of the signal inputs.

Can any one suggest a well proven quality brand of detector to meet the above requirements?

Guest RJBsec

Honeywell do a wireless smoke detector (not mains) that can be added to the G2 via an RFPortal.

Don't know how you would incorporate the type that you are thinking of.

3 options here as far as I can see:

1, As Roger says, you could use Galaxy wireless smoke detectors with a wirless reciever connected to your 2-20 (RF Portal)

2, You could purchase some 12v smoke/heat detectors to connect directly to your 2-20

3, Aico make some mains powered smoke detectors with an optional relay base with a set of contacts to interface with the intruder alarm. They are pretty good smoke detectors too.

Aico 140 Interlinkable Smoke detector

Relay base for above

Trade Member

tend not to agree soulstyle for most houses. I have menvier m12's on my system at home at would not have a conventional fire system.

I think it depends on the risk and some may need a proper fire system, but most dont. ie if the little battery standalones are ok then id rather have something that transmits and lets me know if there is a fier when im not there as well. Also im not tempted at 3am to pull out the battery cos its gone flat and its beeping every 30 seconds, and have no fire detection at all till i remeber to put a battery back in.

Granted proper panel is better but OTT for me anyway.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Can never understand why people want to connect smoke detectors to their security alarm. Your best bet is to install a little conventional fire panel and then connect that to your dialer. Let fire panels do their job and security do its!

In my "house before last" I had 3 12 volt smoke detectors connected to my intruder panel, they each had their own sounder built in (like a battery operated smoke) but they were interlinked.

They had a relay output as well but I didn't use it, they were only connected to the intruder system so they had a reliable power supply in the event of mains failure.

The cables were connected to a tamper circuit but only so I knew if a cable got damaged.

Not as good as a proper fire alarm but I think a full blown fire system in an average house is overkill.

Guest old-hand

I have mains linked ( fitted when I got here), not got around to getting them to talk to my 144 yet, and a CO2 connected to the 144.

Same here a dedicated fire panel here would be overkill.

cheers

Archived