Security Installer Community

Problems - Texecom Amqd's And Texecom Premier

BaronRocket

I too have only used 8XP expanders but I would assume that the 8XE should show up in confirm devices, check to make sure its sitting correctly.

Keep the zones programmed as TEOL.

The 8XE only has 2 terminals per zone Fred555 like the zone terminals on the 24.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never installed a Premier 24 only the bigger 48, 88, 168 and the 640 that is why I did not know the 24 has only two wire zone inputs as all except the 640 and 24 have 4 wire zone inputs - sorry I stand corrected. :rolleyes:

What about the overloaded power supply issue? Shouldn

Thanks Gents,

Just got back in and have to go straight back out, but lots to go through there, so I'll review and respond later.

I didn't realise it was overloaded, is there anyway to get hold of the calculator you mention?

I guess as an amateur I am very concious of doing things in the right sequence and avoiding damaging the eqiipment.

Again, you help and guidance is grateful received and much appreciated.

Jason

Thanks Fred.

The Zones on the main board are marked Z1 to Z8 and on the expander Z9 to Z16. I have wired the the two T-EOL terminals on the AMQD PIR's to the each Zone (Blue and Yellow pair). Additionally I have wired the 0v and 12v from the main board and expander to the corresponding terminals on the PIR's. White and Green Pair are spare. One PIR to each Zone. Are you saying that I should have a further wire connected between the PIR's and the Panel?

Thanks for the link to the calculator, I didn't know it existed.

Re "concious of doing things in the right sequence and avoiding damaging the eqiipment." overloading the PSU is not covered by any manufacturer

One pair of wires for power and another pair for detector loop is all you need for DEOL and TEOL - details are in the manual.

Page 23 of the manual that came with the control panel details the entire reset procedure - reset will not work if you have locked engineer code in you must unlock engineer code first then reset. Once you have performed the reset check before doing anything else if all your settings have gone? If they have good - if not you have not unlocked the engineer code.

You are relying on the fact that that the programming you did within Wintex is correct - provided it is then things should work but if you have made an error in Wintex then you will be transferring the same error back into the control panel.

I personally do not program everything through Wintex I set most things up via the RKP make certain the basic system works test it and then use Wintex to take a copy of the program so far then create another account take another copy and then only work on one copy as occasionally things come to a grinding halt (even a Texecom salesman had this happen to him when he was demonstrating the system to me once years ago) and both the panel and the Wintex copy of the panel program can get corrupted then you wipe the panel and restore the "known good" configuration from the other Wintex account you created and then you remember not to make the same mistake OR discover the same glitch (in the software) again - a glitch is generally avoided by programming interdependent settings in a different order - or programming in a different order in general just do not set the same glitch off again!

Could you have remapped the zones by accident? I do not know if a 24 can remap zones but all the bigger ones can - might be worth looking into - any Premier 24 experts out there who can say if you can remap zone numbers on a 24?

Thanks Fred.

I'll attempt the panel reset this evening and let you have an update accordingly, watch this space!

I don't seem to be able to find the additional PSU to purchase on its own, only with an external expander. Based on the price, I wonder if I am better off just trading up to a Premier 48. Slightly frustrated about the PSU issue as I had incorrectly assumed the unit had enough power to fully populate all zones / RKP's configurable.................but coming from the IT World I should know better, things are never as capable as the headline marketing blurb suggests. The Devil is in the detail as they say!

cheers

Jason

Bridgwater :hmm:

R&D department?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived