Security Installer Community

Problems - Texecom Amqd's And Texecom Premier

BaronRocket

Gents,

Thanks for you help with the Sounder question yesterday.

So I have completed the wiring, powered up the system (on battery), connected by PC by USBCOMM and uploaded the config from Wintex.

I have 11 Texecom AMQD PIR's connected to the system and have set them up as T-EOL. Wired Blue/Yellow pair for T-EOL circuit and Black/Red for the 12v / 0v between the Panel and the PIR's. I have left the Tamper on the Panel 'bridged' as supplied as default.

I am getting 'Tamper' faults on 5 of the 11 PIR's. They all pick up movement when you do a 'Walk Test'. Wintex Diagnostics are showing Resistance of circa 2.17 for the PIR's that are working and >1000 for those showing a 'Tamper'.

Any thoughts on what I should do try a prove and resolve this?

cheers

Jason

They are programmed as double pole and NOT normally closed I assume??

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

What zones are they connected to and what expander are you using?

Breff,

Texecom Premier 24 Panel (Metal Case)

Texecom 8XE Zone Internal Expansion Module

Texecom COM2400

Texecom Prestige AMQD PIR's (x11)

Flush Magnetic Door Contacts (x3)

Texecom Odyssey 3e Sounders (x2)

Texecom Surface Mount Prox RKP (x2)

Texecom Surface Mount RKP (x1)

Zone 1 (Panel): Mag Door Switch - All OK

Zone 2 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 3 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 4 (Panel): Unused

Zone 5 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 6 (Panel): Mag Door Switch - All OK

Zone 7 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 8 (Panel): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 9 (8XE): AMQD - All OK

Zone 10 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 11 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 12 (8XE): Mag Door Switch - Tamper (Need to check)

Zone 13 (8XE): AMQD - All OK

Zone 14 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 15 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 16 (8XE): Unused

cheers

Jason

In Global System Options, configuration options, what is option 20 set to? It should be unselected.

I suggest you swap the zone wiring of zones 9 and 10 and see if the fault moves, if it does you have an issue with your wiring or EOL values at the detectors, if it doesn't move its a programming problem or a 'glitch'(usually cured by a total downpower and repower) , you did do a default on the panel when you first powered it up???

Also, have you done a 'confirm devices' from the keypad?

Breff,

Option 20 in Global options is unselected.

I will try swapping the zone wiring of zones 9 and 10 and see if the fault moves.

I have left the jumpers in the default positions for Texecom at the PIR's (I have assumed that I don't need to wire in the resistors as all of the kit is Texecom).

I did a a quick continuity test on a couple of pairs on the problem PIR's and all seemed OK, but may need to check more thoroughly.

I did do a default on the Panel at power up, but perhaps I didn't hold down long enough?

How would I go about a complete down power and repower?

Also, have you done a 'confirm devices', I tried this, but possibly didn't do it properly, so again perhaps need to retry (first?).

cheers

Jason

Breff,

I won't have time to try some of your suggestions until this evening, but a quick points of note:

I tried the Confirm Devices option and got the following:

Keypads : - 123.

Expander : - ..

Should the internal 8XE Expander be showing?

I was concerned about leaving it to run on Battery Only for too long, so I applied mains power last night. So I am keen to understand what I need to do to carry out a complete power down (without the Sounders going crazy) and if this also requires a reset back to factory defaults? If so, it isn't a major issue as I have to config saved in Wintex.

Finally what would be the issue if I programmed them as EOL/Double Pole rather than T-EOL, would this just disable the Anti Masking functionality?

cheers

Jason

I suppose you are aware that you are over the maximum current draw allowed from that control panel? (even with both bells in SCB mode - what mode did you leave them in?) - according to Texecoms calculation software. You are not by any chance tripping out one of the polyfuses as well? - due to overload.

The Wintex resistance readings of 2.17 is correct but the other reading is open circuit meaning you have not connected the wire or not connected it correctly check it again - you would not be able to see the zone resistances of the zones on the expander unless you had programmed it correctly but you should be able to see it in device confirm so something is wrong.

I do not understand if you managed to put the system in how you do not understand how to switch it off and back on again? but half is correct so you are nearly there - keep going.

I too have only used 8XP expanders but I would assume that the 8XE should show up in confirm devices, check to make sure its sitting correctly.

Keep the zones programmed as TEOL.

The 8XE only has 2 terminals per zone Fred555 like the zone terminals on the 24.

I have never installed a Premier 24 only the bigger 48, 88, 168 and the 640 that is why I did not know the 24 has only two wire zone inputs as all except the 640 and 24 have 4 wire zone inputs - sorry I stand corrected. :rolleyes:

What about the overloaded power supply issue? Shouldn

Thanks Gents,

Just got back in and have to go straight back out, but lots to go through there, so I'll review and respond later.

I didn't realise it was overloaded, is there anyway to get hold of the calculator you mention?

I guess as an amateur I am very concious of doing things in the right sequence and avoiding damaging the eqiipment.

Again, you help and guidance is grateful received and much appreciated.

Jason

Thanks Fred.

The Zones on the main board are marked Z1 to Z8 and on the expander Z9 to Z16. I have wired the the two T-EOL terminals on the AMQD PIR's to the each Zone (Blue and Yellow pair). Additionally I have wired the 0v and 12v from the main board and expander to the corresponding terminals on the PIR's. White and Green Pair are spare. One PIR to each Zone. Are you saying that I should have a further wire connected between the PIR's and the Panel?

Thanks for the link to the calculator, I didn't know it existed.

Re "concious of doing things in the right sequence and avoiding damaging the eqiipment." overloading the PSU is not covered by any manufacturer

One pair of wires for power and another pair for detector loop is all you need for DEOL and TEOL - details are in the manual.

Page 23 of the manual that came with the control panel details the entire reset procedure - reset will not work if you have locked engineer code in you must unlock engineer code first then reset. Once you have performed the reset check before doing anything else if all your settings have gone? If they have good - if not you have not unlocked the engineer code.

You are relying on the fact that that the programming you did within Wintex is correct - provided it is then things should work but if you have made an error in Wintex then you will be transferring the same error back into the control panel.

I personally do not program everything through Wintex I set most things up via the RKP make certain the basic system works test it and then use Wintex to take a copy of the program so far then create another account take another copy and then only work on one copy as occasionally things come to a grinding halt (even a Texecom salesman had this happen to him when he was demonstrating the system to me once years ago) and both the panel and the Wintex copy of the panel program can get corrupted then you wipe the panel and restore the "known good" configuration from the other Wintex account you created and then you remember not to make the same mistake OR discover the same glitch (in the software) again - a glitch is generally avoided by programming interdependent settings in a different order - or programming in a different order in general just do not set the same glitch off again!

Could you have remapped the zones by accident? I do not know if a 24 can remap zones but all the bigger ones can - might be worth looking into - any Premier 24 experts out there who can say if you can remap zone numbers on a 24?

Thanks Fred.

I'll attempt the panel reset this evening and let you have an update accordingly, watch this space!

I don't seem to be able to find the additional PSU to purchase on its own, only with an external expander. Based on the price, I wonder if I am better off just trading up to a Premier 48. Slightly frustrated about the PSU issue as I had incorrectly assumed the unit had enough power to fully populate all zones / RKP's configurable.................but coming from the IT World I should know better, things are never as capable as the headline marketing blurb suggests. The Devil is in the detail as they say!

cheers

Jason

Bridgwater :hmm:

R&D department?

Guys,

I am clearly going crazy.

The version of the manual I have doesn't make any specific reference to restoring to default once the Panel is powered off. Could someone detail the steps here, my panel has a restore default button and battery boost pins. Should I log on as engineer first? Should I disconnect the mains power? Should I press the button briefly or hold it down? etc. etc.

Thanks for your enduring patience!

cheers

Jason

This forum does not give out defaulting or resetting information. In any case you do not need that information according to your earlier post.

BaronRocket you posted the following:-

Mar 22 2009, 11:10 PM

I did do a default on the Panel at power up, but perhaps I didn't hold down long enough?

How would I go about a complete down power and repower? - I still do not see if you installed the entire system how you cannot know how to power up and down?

You are asking the same question today at 9:06PM about something you already claimed to have done - why?

It looks like the panel has been locked - but if you are the person who locked it surely you would also have the code and knowledge to unlock it?

If you reset it as you say you already did you must have the manual and have followed the instructions in that?

Do not worry I do not think you are going crazy - I think you are entirely sane - Could you just clarify why you are asking for info on stuff you claim to have already done?

I do see your point guys. The manual I have got is the Issue 3 version and in this version the content of the page previously referenced regards something totally different.

I think I am going to have to throw in the towel and call in a local alarm company to look at it as I think the Premier 24 is too complex for me as an amateur. I could possibly, in the interim. disconnect / de-programme the Zones showing a Tamper and run with limited protection in the interim. My initial plan was to go for a Veritas panel, but when we renovated the house the electricians wired all of the PIR's from their individual locations back to the location of the panel, to in my wisdom I thought it would be easier to go for a bigger panel and wire each sensor up to a separate zones. Thus avoiding the unnecessary complexity of trying to 'frig' parallel cabling to wire detectors in series. Plus because of the layout of the house, when we have guests it I thought it would be good to have flexibility to exclude specific zones depending on which rooms they were using.

Then the snowball started (based on limited knowledge) I started to like the idea of additional features of Prox readers etc. We have a neighbour and friends locally who hold spare keys and hence I didn't want to burden them with having to remember codes etc. should they need to access the house if we were away on holiday etc. Then the idea of more advanced PIR's seemed appealing, as did the ability to programme and managed it via my PC.

So I have probably got carried away and lost sight of my initial objective i.e. to make the house more secure primarily when we are away from it.

When I initially powered up the system on Sunday I managed to cover the main panel power LED with my hand and was looking at the Network TX and Rx lights waiting for them to burst into life, hence I am not convinced I did things as per the manual in terms of sequence and duration. I also had my PC COMM connected during this process, I has disconnected the COM2400 and in the incorrect belief that this was the port I need to have the PC COMM connected to.

I work full time and hence only have time to try and get this working in the evening. So to date I haven't tried the complete power down / power up process ( I don't really want to go up the ladders in the dark!) So based on previous advice I wanted to try and restore the defaults, whilst powered up. The Master and Engineer codes are still at default and I still have these, also having checked the Wintex and Panel config I have not locked the panel.

Sincerely appreciate the help chap, but think it is probably time to throw in the towel and call in the experts.

Jason

Archived