Security Installer Community

Bt Versatility - Problems Dialling Out Sometimes

Tflynn

Hi All,

I recently purchased a BT Versatility (secondhand). I installed it no problems and its connected to ISDN.

Sometimes when you dial 9 from any of the phones (or from the feature phone hit line1 or line2) it doesn't give an outside line. It could take a couple of attempts before it will give an external line.

This happens when there are no other calls on the system. On the feature phone it says busy. This busy tone is a bit louder than the normal internal ring tone.

Any help appreciated and great site by the way.

Trevor

Hi All,

I recently purchased a BT Versatility (secondhand). I installed it no problems and its connected to ISDN.

Sometimes when you dial 9 from any of the phones (or from the feature phone hit line1 or line2) it doesn't give an outside line. It could take a couple of attempts before it will give an external line.

This happens when there are no other calls on the system. On the feature phone it says busy. This busy tone is a bit louder than the normal internal ring tone.

Any help appreciated and great site by the way.

Trevor

Sounds like you have not disabled the unused ISDN line, so lines 3 and 4 are active, bt will show as busy when you try to access them. Dialling 9 cycles through the lines.

edit.......Did you say when you press the line keys on the featurephones you get busy?

Have you tried to move the ISDN cartridge and line from TO1 to TO2 and then re-program? See if the fault follows. If it does, it is likely the line cartridge or the line. If the fault clears, it is a faulty line port. You could carry on using line 3+4 and reprogram the flex keys ont he featurephones so they appear as 1+2.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Sounds like you have not disabled the unused ISDN line, so lines 3 and 4 are active, bt will show as busy when you try to access them. Dialling 9 cycles through the lines.

edit.......Did you say when you press the line keys on the featurephones you get busy?

Have you tried to move the ISDN cartridge and line from TO1 to TO2 and then re-program? See if the fault follows. If it does, it is likely the line cartridge or the line. If the fault clears, it is a faulty line port. You could carry on using line 3+4 and reprogram the flex keys ont he featurephones so they appear as 1+2.

Thanks Lectrician for the reply.

I think that I probably do have the other ISDN line enabled. How do I disable this? from memory I think it says Access 1 and Access 2 in the menu? They are both enabled.

yes when I press the line keys on the feature phone that sometimes I do get busy.

I have 2 ISDN cartridges. I played around with them, swapping them around. Using TO1 and TO2 seperately but did not do any reprogramming?

Ok problem sorted. Lectrician was 100% right.

At the feature phone when pressing 9 it cycled from lines 1-4.

3 and 4 were set as active in the system but had no ISDN lines connected.

A simple programming error. Disabled Access 2 in the lines menu.

Thankd for the help!

Archived