Security Installer Community

False Alarms

jamie473

I installed an ESP Infinite Wireless Alarm about a year ago and up until recently it's behaved perfectly. Now every couple of days it false alarms even when not armed. It's not choosy about the time of day this happens, in fact it happened just 5 minutes ago! The control panel is not reporting low batteries in any of the PIR's or the external siren, which is why the bahaviour is baffling me. Any ideas or areas to check?

I installed an ESP Infinite Wireless Alarm about a year ago and up until recently it's behaved perfectly. Now every couple of days it false alarms even when not armed. It's not choosy about the time of day this happens, in fact it happened just 5 minutes ago! The control panel is not reporting low batteries in any of the PIR's or the external siren, which is why the bahaviour is baffling me. Any ideas or areas to check?

did you check the log?

could be just RF interference from neighbors new wireless doorbell etc.. or someone jamming (with the mentioned doorbell) your alarm until you power it down and then burgle you.

Guest RJBsec

What does the panel report when you enter your code to switch off?

What is shown in the log?

(Don't worry about George's paranoia!)

did you check the log?

What does the panel report when you enter your code to switch off?

What is shown in the log?

see - we also agree on things.

we only debate about the wireless/wired detector to panel connections (as far as i can remember).

Guest RJBsec
Going through the log there are three instances of 'Tamper: External Siren' amongst the usual events like arm/disarm!

There's your problem:

• Front cover expanding in the sun causing interrmitent tamper fault.
    Rear tamper ditto, (if fitted).
    Water ingress caused component damage.

Whatever needs the ladder out to check - if you're doing it e careful!

Archived