Security Installer Community

texecom premier

Thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE reply m8, BTW eng there is a world that exist's outside of the Galaxy range of panels, granted the Galaxy is a very powerful and versatile panel etc etc, but none of my local suppliers stock it and therefore i have no pricepoint, where has the premier is well priced and packed with features.

Constructive replies will be appreciated in future :P

Hi,

I have no experience of the texecom premier, but I can point you in the direction of a Galaxy stockist, who will ship nationally (not direct with ademco).

PM or mail me if you would like the info.

cheers

Aron

Trade Member

Guest dale

I have moved to only installing Premier 816's now, as its packed with features and if installed correctly to the phone line, it can be re-programmed remotely. So when a customer rings me up and wants something changing on their panel, I can do it without leaving the office!

Excellent bit of kit, and Texecom support are great (should you ever need to ring them!). Have a look at my review in the reviews section!

I know a few engineers on here who swear by the Premier. You definately need a laptop to program though as its a bit time consuming doing it using the keypad! Plus you then have a copy of the system settings if there is ever a problem you can simply re-upload it!

My customers seem happy with the system, its got a quick set built into it, so customers simply press yes or part and leave. And to turn off just enter their code! Alternatively you could use the proxy reader keypad, but they are a bit expensive, but ideal for the elderly, as they dont have to be able to see the keypad keys to set and unset.

I admit the keypad is a bit bulky, but they have a nice new flush set of keypads, that I will get around to trying when I can find a customer who wants one!

Some of the features you will never use, but its nice to have them in case you need them in the future. In my house ive got outdoor sensors that when triggered will make the alarm chime and switch on outdoor lighting through the relay outputs. Ive also got a keypad and door release for the office at home.

Realy well built system, and had hardly any problems with them (apart from a few error codes that the system didnt recognise, but a simple re-boot fixed that!).

Dale

Guest MKAlarms

I'm a big fan of the Premier panels (epsecially 48,88,168) and wouldn't go back to Galaxy panels now. For a start no more belden cable - we've got installs running 600m+ on standard 4-core. Build quality is excellent, the metal endstations are like battleships and keypads look good (esp new metal flush mount rkps, which include prox sensors). Very user friendly programming (via laptop or remote PC) with total flexibility, free software. Also as Dale says the tech support is good.

Take no notice of the //.National Installer.// guys, tbh the longer they stick with Galaxy the happier we are. While they're running round replacing chips we can be growing our business. (maybe that's why they get so defensive..)

If you've ever seen the Manvier Networker panels the Premier are like a sort of upgraded networker mk II with enough added extras to bring it up to Galaxy size.

I'm sure if you gave Texecom a call they could sort you out with a demo or sample.

MikeR

Been using the premiers for quite some time now. Early versions had their problems ,easy to program with lappy but used to be a bit of a mare from the rkp, although I,ve done so many now its not a prob. Texecom support are very helpful, we also dont return much stuff considering the amount we put in.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks for all the postive replys guy's, and i do have to say that i have to agree when it comes down to //.National Installer.// engineer's a large morjority in my experience will ridicule any panel which is not a Galaxy, why they have to be so defensive i don't know may be they hold share's in honeywell!!

Hey and before any //.National Installer.// engineers start having a go, i've worked on Galaxy panels for the last five years so i'm not biased, read my previous post. :ph34r:

when it comes down to //.National Installer.// engineer's a large morjority in my experience will ridicule any panel which is not a Galaxy, why they have to be so defensive i don't know

Not a case of ridicule for other panels.

More a case of flexability, I can rip out most any panel and replace it with a galaxy knowing that the galaxy will be able to replicate the functionality of the old panel as well as providing a few more features.

I'm a great fan of the Menvier and Aritech panels as well. I find them solidly built and they perform well.

On the other hand I've had several dreadful experiances with texecom kit and now won't touch it with a barge pole.

As for the earlier comments on "running around changing chips",

Well, I'd rather change chips than whole pcb's. I certanly know what's easier and cheaper to replace <_<

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived