Security Installer Community

Wireless

minime

A friend of mine had a wirless intruder system fitted to their house in 2007 with monitoring. The system has never worked correctly from install ( by an agent for a national ) . There is no external ball box, the only sounder is the internal one from the control unit fitted into an upstairs wardrobe. It cost

Guest RJBsec

Take all available contract paperwork and copies of complaint/cancellation letters to a solicitor and gain legal advice.

A friend of mine had a wirless intruder system fitted to their house in 2007 with monitoring. The system has never worked correctly from install ( by an agent for a national ) . There is no external ball box, the only sounder is the internal one from the control unit fitted into an upstairs wardrobe. It cost

Don't go to a solicitor .... that would only end up with a richer solicitor. Go see the Citizens Assassination Bureau for advise.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Guest RJBsec

Wireless Grade 2 properly installed = PD6622 Grade 2 installation suitable for low to medium risk and police response.

There will be few members of the public visiting this site who require greater than Grade 2 systems.

Of course wireless is not suitable for Grade 3 or 4 because suitable components for the grades do not yet exist.

Wireless Grade 2 properly installed = PD6622 Grade 2 installation suitable for low to medium risk and police response.

hmm - would it make wireless system automatically better if it would be approved to G3?

also - low to medium risk grades expect the possible intruder to have little or no knowledge of the alarm systems. question here is: is knowledge of using a wireless door bell considered a little bit of knowledge or no knowledge?

me thinks the G2 is too high approval for wireless equipment. ofcourse as it is approved it is OK to use it in G2 installations

There will be few members of the public visiting this site who require greater than Grade 2 systems.

Of course wireless is not suitable for Grade 3 or 4 because suitable components for the grades do not yet exist.

wired components and panels for G3 and panels for G4 exist.

if i remember correctly there is a time limit for the alarm to be registered at the panel after the detector activation. if there is RF JAM present wireless won't be able to fill this requirement. so i guess it will never be G3 or above..

Guest RJBsec
hmm - would it make wireless system automatically better if it would be approved to G3?
Of course!
also - low to medium risk grades expect the possible intruder to have little or no knowledge of the alarm systems. question here is: is knowledge of using a wireless door bell considered a little bit of knowledge or no knowledge?
Old 433 frequency maybe because more equipment on that frequency but personally never come across it and with 868 even less likely. I have systems in property with wireless doorbells, wireless broadband and in one case nearby radio ham - absolutely no problem. Radio interference is more likely to cause a false alarm on a wired system than a failed alarm on a wireless one, that's why several companies exist on income from the sales of RFI filters for wired alarm systems!
me thinks the G2 is too high approval for wireless equipment. ofcourse as it is approved it is OK to use it in G2 installations
"ofcourse as it is approved it is OK to use it in G2 installations"
if i remember correctly there is a time limit for the alarm to be registered at the panel after the detector activation. if there is RF JAM present wireless won't be able to fill this requirement. so i guess it will never be G3 or above..
Not sure that will ever be the deciding factor - of course wireless signalling is available to the highest grade, Grade 4 through Redcare and Dualcom so those that make the decisions must have confidence in wireless.

To be honest from reading your post it's hard for me to see what the dispute actually is, I'm not saying you are in the wrong or that the ARC are in the wrong but you haven't really described what the ARC are claiming for.

You haven't actually said who wrote the letter about the

as your in Scotland (like me) I know this will be a matter for the small claims court where the claim can only be for permitted costs.

we are not a legal advice forum as previous replies I strongly advise you to contact your local citizens advice and google for info on small claims court procedures.

Good luck trying to sort out a payment dispute over a reported fault so long after 1st being aware of it.

The issue is that the system has never worked correctly from install, the 600 quid is for the unpaid arc costs even though the direct debit was live with the bank and no money was ever taken. The installation company are an agent for the arc and have never returned any calls or letters until the demand for the 600 notes. When they requested copies of all letters they were sent inc a credit agreement for the monthly payment for the arc but never came back with any answers.

A vast majority of installtion companies including most NSI companies use a third part ARC, the usual arrangement is the alarm company buy monitoring from the ARC who invoice them directly. The alarm company then add a profit margin the re-charge the monitoring to the end user.

This is how most companies work.

It sounds to me like the alarm company have gone out of business and the ARC haven't been paid by the alarm company, the ARC are trying to claim those costs from the end user. Obviously I don't know if this is the case but it sounds like it.

You say there was a DD set up, was it set up to pay the ARC or the alarm company?

It is unusual (in my experince) for ARCs to deal directly with end users particuarly with domestics.

I really think you need legal advice but unless you actually had an agreement with the ARC directly I think it unlikely that they can claim from you. That is only my opinion and again I would stress you really need expert legal advice.

Archived