Security Installer Community

Defaulting Dsc Power 832

rolysatch

hi guys

i'm not sure if any one can advise. i bought a dsc power832 with pc5015 and lcd keypad from someone on ebay in 2005 and have only just got around to fitting it. the box itself has "british gas" logo on it. when i bought it (it was new) someone had written an engineers (installers) code(s) on the front of the manual. the codes he gave me were 4377 or 5015 but unfortunatly neither of them work and i'm stuck.

i've contacted the guy who sold it but don't hold out much hope as this was from 2005. my question is, would resetting it to factory defaults also reset the engineers code? if not any suggestions?

thanks in advance

roland

hi guys

i'm not sure if any one can advise. i bought a dsc power832 with pc5015 and lcd keypad from someone on ebay in 2005 and have only just got around to fitting it. the box itself has "british gas" logo on it. when i bought it (it was new) someone had written an engineers (installers) code(s) on the front of the manual. the codes he gave me were 4377 or 5015 but unfortunatly neither of them work and i'm stuck.

i've contacted the guy who sold it but don't hold out much hope as this was from 2005. my question is, would resetting it to factory defaults also reset the engineers code? if not any suggestions?

thanks in advance

roland

Hope you didn't pay over a tenner for it m8 :slackjaw1:

HI,

I have installed many of them years ago , great panels i like them!! To reset panel u have to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I like the night set on those panels, u just have to program your zones what u wanna leave out and then but your code in and if u wount open your final exit zone the panel is in night set but i f u r going out then all your house is set!! Any more questions just ask!

if it doesn't, does that mean i would have to buy a new keypad or is it the pcb that is locked?

if it is locked the eng code won't reset and you need a new MOBO PCB.

there is equipment available to get the code from the PCB but can't remember if it is worth of buying one in case you only need to default one panel.

there is equipment available to get the code from the PCB but can't remember if it is worth of buying one in case you only need to default one panel.

yes i have found a way to see if it is locked by removing battery and powering down AC and when you power up AC again, if the phone relay starts clicking a lot it is locked. so i will try this later. thanks for the reply.

HI,

I have installed many of them years ago , great panels i like them!! To reset panel u have to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I like the night set on those panels, u just have to program your zones what u wanna leave out and then but your code in and if u wount open your final exit zone the panel is in night set but i f u r going out then all your house is set!! Any more questions just ask!

thanks marx for the help, yes it seems a very good alarm if i can program it as it has a couple of faults such as phone line not connected, which is correct, but i'm not having it connected by phone, so i need to turn this option off before i can alarm it (amongst a few other things).

regarding the defaulting i know how to do that anyway so will give it a try this afternoon.

thanks again

roland

yes i have found a way to see if it is locked by removing battery and powering down AC and when you power up AC again, if the phone relay starts clicking a lot it is locked. so i will try this later. thanks for the reply.

If you haven't got BG default codes then there is no point in defaulting it, as it will go back to their codes and not DSC's defaults :cold2:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

If you haven't got BG default codes then there is no point in defaulting it, as it will go back to their codes and not DSC's defaults :cold2:

oh! didn't realise that, that's a pain. the person i bought the alarm off wrote 2 possible engineers codes on the front of the manual, the first being the default engineer code that dsc use 5015, and another which i'm hoping *may* be the defualt BG code for this alarm. but by the sounds of it, i'm not holding out a lot of hope. the master code on the alarm is the default code in the manual 1234 it's just this engineer code and i think your probably correct in that it's not that the engineer code has been changed from the default at a later date, but that the panel just has a different default code specifically for BG.

i did consider plodding through trying all the different possible 4 digit codes but worked out it will take me just under 42 hours lol, so i'll try defaulting it if not it's in the bin.

HI,

would be interested in how to do this as have looked at a few B G in my area that have not been maintained by BG for some years

would be Interested in this as have a few in the area not being serviced by BG

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

would be interested in how to do this as have looked at a few B G in my area that have not been maintained by BG for some years

BG just has different default codes. BUT it happens as usually, with any code if more than one people knows it.

we've got DSC 40x0 panels here sold as SecTec95. very slight programming difference and engineer default code is not the same. still i happen to maintain and service them with no probs.

Maybe you go to ask around if anyone knows BG default codes. No - not here but from the customers who have BG system installed etc.. :whistle:

i defaulted it but it does as was suggested just default to the BG code and not dsc's default code so i am back where i started and have just purchased a different panel now.

i defaulted it but it does as was suggested just default to the BG code and not dsc's default code so i am back where i started and have just purchased a different panel now.

Now you know :( Which panel do you have now?

Now you know :( Which panel do you have now?

well as your a pro in the game you'll probably laugh, as it's only a cheap one as i didn't want to spend a fortune but it looks like it will do all i want. it's a ADE Accenta Mini Gen4 (which i think is honeywell) with LCD Keypad. i paid

out of interest is the keypad, metal box that the pcb came in and 7ah battery likely to be of use to someone and sell on ebay do you think?

why not?

box can house 5204 for instance and an extra keypad could be handy to someone. batteris has to be changed once and while anyways so i don't see why wouldn't someone buy them.

why not?

box can house 5204 for instance and an extra keypad could be handy to someone. batteris has to be changed once and while anyways so i don't see why wouldn't someone buy them.

thanks for the reply, yes i'll chuck it on ebay and see what happens

• 2 years later...
Guest TempestFyre

What kind of equipment and can buy such from whom?

I kinda of got the same situation, only ADT was paid for the equipment (around $2,000) and yet now ADT is keeping the system hostage from our switching to a different monitoring company.

Archived