Security Installer Community

Simple Part Set

Stue

It's only a personal view and perhaps excessive but I beleive setting/unsetiing by fob is a backward step in terms of security.

I agree with you-ish....

On small sites/domestics.

Where many ppl have codes:

1. others gets to know other ppl's code

2. managers forget to delete

3. ppl less security consious when not their own home, thus complacent.

4. etc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you-ish....

On small sites/domestics.

Where many ppl have codes:

1. others gets to know other ppl's code

2. managers forget to delete

3. ppl less security consious when not their own home, thus complacent.

4. etc

Very true and TBH I hadn't really thought about it like that, perhaps the ideal situation, in high security applications is a combination of fob and code.

Horses for courses springs to mind and I suppose like anything else security related it's really down to the circumstances of the protected building and it's occupants.

totally agree (re risk assesment)

also you need to consider (my wife for example) hates codes and wouldnt use our alarm if it wasnt fob based. Wants it to be easy etc, and cant be done with all those buttons.

Personally id rather my alarm was on even if it was set by 'clapping' rather that not used 'cos of all them buttons'

Its a common comment re keys to door and fob being together but as i said cars have been like this for many years, and intruder alarms are a lot cheaper to rekey than cars.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

totally agree (re risk assesment)

also you need to consider (my wife for example) hates codes and wouldnt use our alarm if it wasnt fob based. Wants it to be easy etc, and cant be done with all those buttons.

Personally id rather my alarm was on even if it was set by 'clapping' rather that not used 'cos of all them buttons'

Its a common comment re keys to door and fob being together but as i said cars have been like this for many years, and intruder alarms are a lot cheaper to rekey than cars.

I also agree, anything which encourages a system to be set is a good thing but I'm not sure about the comparison with cars, I do see the point but TBH I don't really care about my car. It would be an inconvenience if it were stolen but I would be tottally gutted if I lost all the irreplaceable things in my home.

PS. I don't have anything of any real financial value except for one fairly expensive guitar but things like pictures of the kids growing up etc which you cannot really insure against. (can you tell I used to sell security full time) lol!!

lol i do hear you, but i use a tag on my own system at home and to be honest being a lazy get i find a code hard work lol

Must admit I hardly ever drink (not because I'm religious, just because I'm c##p at drinking) but the times I have tried putting my phone number in the keypad after a few vodkas.......... Well my neighbours will tell you!

• 2 years later...

Archived