Security Installer Community

Simple Part Set

Stue

dont matter just my own joke as like protect do installer training & then thay will give warranty, but texacom is just some mailing list, easyer to understand if i had looked for carcastic smilly but too lazy i gess,

any ways,

do we have a solution to the simple set and a panle? by the post i would say varatas 8+?

at the end of the day you carnt beet having the two in your hands ready to go maby see if any one you know has one of each fitted and go have a play.

but i would say the accenta would have been a better option as you could use the regular keypad on landing with code, as who would rember to carry a fob to bed, then have fob on keys with fob unit at exit pount and if not useing a fob then you could just use the set button for leaving and set + b for bed though veratas is good in the sence it has "full set" and "part set" on it on big buttons,

maby one of the en95 scantronics might do it but not touched one so couldent say though my mate at work said thay are quite good, and i have to say nice looking keypad if i dident like castle i would have made this work, any ways hope the install goes well with what you decide to fit though if you have fitted accenta before i would stick to it as easy to compare with one you have done before

I think I am going to go for the R8, probably excell with LCD keypads. I an quuite happy with the Accenta which I have got, and was quite impressed (for the cost) with the quality of the metal cased unit, and the keypad is quite simply stylish, but the R8 still looks simpler to set.

Does anyone have any comments about quality/reliability of either?

Texecom seem to say that they do a steel clad version but I cannot find one listed online, any suggestions?

Stuart

i would agree with redbull on that, out of the two i would say accenta though if you have g4 i will find menu option for you to try on your own unit and see what you think from there,

as you have used it before you dont have to start from begining B)

Gardtec 800 & 595 both have Automatic part set - very simple - set final exit door to time + entry exit activate auto part set and in practice all that has to be done is type in the code and press the "Yes" button - if the final exit door is then opened and closed during the exit time the system will full set but if the door is not opened then the system will activate part set 1 automatically - simple.

I think I am going to go for the R8, probably excell with LCD keypads. I an quuite happy with the Accenta which I have got, and was quite impressed (for the cost) with the quality of the metal cased unit, and the keypad is quite simply stylish, but the R8 still looks simpler to set.

Does anyone have any comments about quality/reliability of either?

Texecom seem to say that they do a steel clad version but I cannot find one listed online, any suggestions?

Stuart

I can't speak for the Accenta because I have only ever fitted the earlier ones which didn't have fob setting or single button setting. As for reliability the early Accentas were fine.

The quality and reliability of the Texecom panels is good in my experince, I have fitted quite a few R8s in my time and never had any significant problems with them.

I like the single button setting and to be honest, although many would disagree, I don't like setting and unsetting using a fob and only ever recommend it for people who have disabilities or eldely people who struggle to use codes.

And how many burglary quotes you done recently where car keys/fob were the only thing taken??

I like to think that if my car keys get lost, misplaced or left on a table in a pub they can steal my car and open my house but they won't be able to unset my alarm.

It's only a personal view and perhaps excessive but I beleive setting/unsetiing by fob is a backward step in terms of security.

not many, i do take the point but i cant use an alarm fob to walk down the car park and wait for the one i want to flash.

Also a minor point

a customer can stop a fob working on his system with his mgr code. However to stop a key working requires you to take YOUR car to the garage and have them delete it.

Now if we could only get our customers to bring their systems to use and charge

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It's only a personal view and perhaps excessive but I beleive setting/unsetiing by fob is a backward step in terms of security.

I agree with you-ish....

On small sites/domestics.

Where many ppl have codes:

1. others gets to know other ppl's code

2. managers forget to delete

3. ppl less security consious when not their own home, thus complacent.

4. etc

I agree with you-ish....

On small sites/domestics.

Where many ppl have codes:

1. others gets to know other ppl's code

2. managers forget to delete

3. ppl less security consious when not their own home, thus complacent.

4. etc

Very true and TBH I hadn't really thought about it like that, perhaps the ideal situation, in high security applications is a combination of fob and code.

Horses for courses springs to mind and I suppose like anything else security related it's really down to the circumstances of the protected building and it's occupants.

totally agree (re risk assesment)

also you need to consider (my wife for example) hates codes and wouldnt use our alarm if it wasnt fob based. Wants it to be easy etc, and cant be done with all those buttons.

Personally id rather my alarm was on even if it was set by 'clapping' rather that not used 'cos of all them buttons'

Its a common comment re keys to door and fob being together but as i said cars have been like this for many years, and intruder alarms are a lot cheaper to rekey than cars.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

totally agree (re risk assesment)

also you need to consider (my wife for example) hates codes and wouldnt use our alarm if it wasnt fob based. Wants it to be easy etc, and cant be done with all those buttons.

Personally id rather my alarm was on even if it was set by 'clapping' rather that not used 'cos of all them buttons'

Its a common comment re keys to door and fob being together but as i said cars have been like this for many years, and intruder alarms are a lot cheaper to rekey than cars.

I also agree, anything which encourages a system to be set is a good thing but I'm not sure about the comparison with cars, I do see the point but TBH I don't really care about my car. It would be an inconvenience if it were stolen but I would be tottally gutted if I lost all the irreplaceable things in my home.

PS. I don't have anything of any real financial value except for one fairly expensive guitar but things like pictures of the kids growing up etc which you cannot really insure against. (can you tell I used to sell security full time) lol!!

lol i do hear you, but i use a tag on my own system at home and to be honest being a lazy get i find a code hard work lol

Must admit I hardly ever drink (not because I'm religious, just because I'm c##p at drinking) but the times I have tried putting my phone number in the keypad after a few vodkas.......... Well my neighbours will tell you!

• 2 years later...

Archived