Security Installer Community

Simple Part Set

Stue

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would agree with redbull on that, out of the two i would say accenta though if you have g4 i will find menu option for you to try on your own unit and see what you think from there,

as you have used it before you dont have to start from begining B)

Gardtec 800 & 595 both have Automatic part set - very simple - set final exit door to time + entry exit activate auto part set and in practice all that has to be done is type in the code and press the "Yes" button - if the final exit door is then opened and closed during the exit time the system will full set but if the door is not opened then the system will activate part set 1 automatically - simple.

I think I am going to go for the R8, probably excell with LCD keypads. I an quuite happy with the Accenta which I have got, and was quite impressed (for the cost) with the quality of the metal cased unit, and the keypad is quite simply stylish, but the R8 still looks simpler to set.

Does anyone have any comments about quality/reliability of either?

Texecom seem to say that they do a steel clad version but I cannot find one listed online, any suggestions?

Stuart

I can't speak for the Accenta because I have only ever fitted the earlier ones which didn't have fob setting or single button setting. As for reliability the early Accentas were fine.

The quality and reliability of the Texecom panels is good in my experince, I have fitted quite a few R8s in my time and never had any significant problems with them.

I like the single button setting and to be honest, although many would disagree, I don't like setting and unsetting using a fob and only ever recommend it for people who have disabilities or eldely people who struggle to use codes.

And how many burglary quotes you done recently where car keys/fob were the only thing taken??

I like to think that if my car keys get lost, misplaced or left on a table in a pub they can steal my car and open my house but they won't be able to unset my alarm.

It's only a personal view and perhaps excessive but I beleive setting/unsetiing by fob is a backward step in terms of security.

not many, i do take the point but i cant use an alarm fob to walk down the car park and wait for the one i want to flash.

Also a minor point

a customer can stop a fob working on his system with his mgr code. However to stop a key working requires you to take YOUR car to the garage and have them delete it.

Now if we could only get our customers to bring their systems to use and charge

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived