Security Installer Community

Simple Part Set

Stue

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes you wonder why I registered as an APPROVED installer................

lol you need to be an approved installer i wounder if that helps with the warranty :hmm:

dont matter just my own joke as like protect do installer training & then thay will give warranty, but texacom is just some mailing list, easyer to understand if i had looked for carcastic smilly but too lazy i gess,

any ways,

do we have a solution to the simple set and a panle? by the post i would say varatas 8+?

at the end of the day you carnt beet having the two in your hands ready to go maby see if any one you know has one of each fitted and go have a play.

but i would say the accenta would have been a better option as you could use the regular keypad on landing with code, as who would rember to carry a fob to bed, then have fob on keys with fob unit at exit pount and if not useing a fob then you could just use the set button for leaving and set + b for bed though veratas is good in the sence it has "full set" and "part set" on it on big buttons,

maby one of the en95 scantronics might do it but not touched one so couldent say though my mate at work said thay are quite good, and i have to say nice looking keypad if i dident like castle i would have made this work, any ways hope the install goes well with what you decide to fit though if you have fitted accenta before i would stick to it as easy to compare with one you have done before

I think I am going to go for the R8, probably excell with LCD keypads. I an quuite happy with the Accenta which I have got, and was quite impressed (for the cost) with the quality of the metal cased unit, and the keypad is quite simply stylish, but the R8 still looks simpler to set.

Does anyone have any comments about quality/reliability of either?

Texecom seem to say that they do a steel clad version but I cannot find one listed online, any suggestions?

Stuart

Archived