Security Installer Community

Simple Part Set

Stue

I have fitted a Honeywell Accenta alarm panel in my home with no problems.

I would now like to install a system in my elderly mother's house.

I would like to arrange a simple way of setting a part/night mode, something like a single button on an upstairs keypad.

I want to avoid the complication of entering a PIN then selecting the relevant program.

I cannot find a way to do this with the honeywell panel ( I have looked at Galaxy also).

Has anyone got any suggestions.

Stuart

I have fitted a Honeywell Accenta alarm panel in my home with no problems.

I would now like to install a system in my elderly mother's house.

I would like to arrange a simple way of setting a part/night mode, something like a single button on an upstairs keypad.

I want to avoid the complication of entering a PIN then selecting the relevant program.

I cannot find a way to do this with the honeywell panel ( I have looked at Galaxy also).

Has anyone got any suggestions.

Stuart

If you are considering using a different panel look at the Texecom R8, you can program it for single button set on part set and full set.

To part set you just press the part set button, if you change your mind you can cancel the setting process by just pressing the reset button. Once it's set you need to enter a valid code to unset.

The R8 is a low cost but well specified panel and comes with excellent manuals which are written for DIYers.

Think they do a fob for the accenta, will need a reader type keypad.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=1130

Wow fast replies!

I had thought about a fob/reader but this seems another complication. I want to encourage my mother to use the system, if she has to carry a key when she is going to be I think it would discourage.

Thanks for the thought

Guest old-hand
Wow fast replies!

I had thought about a fob/reader but this seems another complication. I want to encourage my mother to use the system, if she has to carry a key when she is going to be I think it would discourage.

Thanks for the thought

Hold fob, system starts setting, return entry timer starts hold fob system unsets. Fob is attached to her usual keyring, nothing extra to carry.

Will not get much simpler.

cheers

If you are considering using a different panel look at the Texecom R8, you can program it for single button set on part set and full set.

To part set you just press the part set button, if you change your mind you can cancel the setting process by just pressing the reset button. Once it's set you need to enter a valid code to unset.

The R8 is a low cost but well specified panel and comes with excellent manuals which are written for DIYers.

I have just looked at a user manual for the R8 & it does look better. It says part set 1 can be selected without entering the set number, but suggests that you still have to enter a PIN first.

I haven't found an engineer manual so I cannot dig deeper.

Is this correct?

Galaxy has "hot" keys to do the above also.

Works the same except you press ESC to cancel and code to unset.

My reading of the Galaxy Hot keys is that you press more than one at once, this could be suitable but I would prefer "one push".

I know I am awkward!

I have read some suggestions that programming the Galaxy is not realy DIY stuff.

I have a some experiance of programming industrial control equipment but limited experiance of alarms.

I find tecnology is similar but terminology develops in different directions.

Can you comment?

Guest RJBsec

This panel uses a two-in-one fob - one side (grey) sets to leave home, the other side (red) sets at bedtime ("grey for away, red for bed"), so no need to use a code.

It's not a brilliant panel but it might be just right for your mum as long as she doesn't want it monitored!

Sales Brochure

Sales Link

I have just looked at a user manual for the R8 & it does look better. It says part set 1 can be selected without entering the set number, but suggests that you still have to enter a PIN first.

Is this correct?

I don't think the user manual details the procedure for single button setting as it is a programming option.

It is definitely there though, I used to fit a lot of R8s and had one in my own house prgrammed this way.

It's not done by deafault because it's not something you would want if you had young kids perhaps.

Is this correct?

I don't think the user manual details the procedure for single button setting as it is a programming option.

It is definitely there though, I used to fit a lot of R8s and had one in my own house prgrammed this way.

It's not done by deafault because it's not something you would want if you had young kids perhaps.

Single button setting is an option on the R8 ... and I think it comes set that was as default, but it contravenes the regs. to leave it that way.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

as above simple setting (ie no code) no longer complies (but ok on G1 systems) however that may not be relevant.

you may want to investigate your accenta a little deeper

from the accenta gen4 user manual

Single Key Setting

If enabled by the engineer, the setting process can be started by pressing Set, rather than entering a user code.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

hi

on accenta/optima mx to 3g you can press set then a,b or c to set and then put code in to unset in the morning. you need to go in to engerneer options to inable set button

on most galaxys you can set each keypad to set defrent button options so keypad downstairs dose all set on button A and on keypad up stairs button A dose part set, so just code or tag and A for both, think you still need code or tag though.

Other option is castle euro one as you can setup each keypad to do each area so you would tag or put code in keypad down stairs and this will do area a (all) then when you tag or code keypad up stairs it will only set area b for bed so at each unit you would just tag or code and this will start set, tag or code = unset,

each area can have diffrent volumes so quite when wake'ing up and setting entry off on b and loud on a, I beleve this also works on cheeper euro mini (10 zone only unit) so if you only need 8-10 zones then this sould do but if you want to put any extra bits on eg garage with keypad in it on area c as this can allways be set or add smoke heads then euro one 28 would be a better bet also can be set up on a smart set so full set 7am-8pm bed set 8pm-7am also has nice clear english txt display

hope this helps

accenta g3's and r8 are good for what thay are, but for any faults it would be easer if you had galaxy or castle as any faults pop up on keypad, accenta locks up intill fault has clearred so wouldent be able to set intill you brake out your test meter and cheack each zone, keypad and bell, great if your paying some one

hi

on accenta/optima mx to 3g you can press set then a,b or c to set and then put code in to unset in the morning. you need to go in to engerneer options to inable set button

on most galaxys you can set each keypad to set defrent button options so keypad downstairs dose all set on button A and on keypad up stairs button A dose part set, so just code or tag and A for both, think you still need code or tag though.

Other option is castle euro one as you can setup each keypad to do each area so you would tag or put code in keypad down stairs and this will do area a (all) then when you tag or code keypad up stairs it will only set area b for bed so at each unit you would just tag or code and this will start set, tag or code = unset,

each area can have diffrent volumes so quite when wake'ing up and setting entry off on b and loud on a, I beleve this also works on cheeper euro mini (10 zone only unit) so if you only need 8-10 zones then this sould do but if you want to put any extra bits on eg garage with keypad in it on area c as this can allways be set or add smoke heads then euro one 28 would be a better bet also can be set up on a smart set so full set 7am-8pm bed set 8pm-7am also has nice clear english txt display

hope this helps

accenta g3's and r8 are good for what thay are, but for any faults it would be easer if you had galaxy or castle as any faults pop up on keypad, accenta locks up intill fault has clearred so wouldent be able to set intill you brake out your test meter and cheack each zone, keypad and bell, great if your paying some one

or visonic power max you can get a starter pack eg control panle with auto dialler / digi, and has speaker with voice prompts eg "setting away please exit now" setting home" "alarm active please disarm now" (allthough sounder is f%*king loud dont set it off next to your ears), 2x key fobs with simple icons on, wireless bell box, 2xpir's 1xcontact.

you can have up to 30 devices on it and is class 6 i think, battorys dont need to be swaped intill 2years use, as these are lithiam cells. seen systems still strong with 2year+ battorys in only one that might need doing is frount door on yearly service, last company had 3year swapout on rsm but if die'ing it will tell you.

pro unit can have gsm backup and can be police responce also has keyfobs with system info window on so shows wether set unset home,

scantronic homelink quite good as well or old 500r if you want easy to use + basic setup like wireless accenta

hope this helps

lol addvert on top of page http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...e=1&sort=4d

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I am realy looking at a wired system, the house has had heating and wiring installed over the years so access for cabling is no great problem, and I prefer not to have to think about battery life.

I would realy like something which can be set by keypad, a fob would be simple but I don't thing the old girl would always carry it. Women don't tend to use pockets like blokes do!

I am looking deeper at the Texecom and Castle products at the moment but keep coming up against the engineer's manual availability problem. I know they have reasons for restricting access but it doesn't help me decide if their kit does what I want.

Bye the way can anyone reccomend suppliers who will deal with Joe Public.

Stuart

I am looking deeper at the Texecom and Castle products at the moment but keep coming up against the engineer's manual availability problem. I know they have reasons for restricting access but it doesn't help me decide if their kit does what I want.

Texecom is the way to go then, I think, each panel comes with its own copy.

If not, Texecom will supply direct, give them a call, easily found on the Net

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

main system provider wont have any time for jo public texicom has help line at 50p+ a min, if there is any thing more you would like to know we can probly post parts up not good practice to give eng manuals out willy nilly think i have all manuals in this topic to hand exsept some of the wireless units, but work odd hours so might be a day before i can get back to you think what was said about texicom is right in that you can get it to set on one press of set or part set though i have only worked on a fuw on rsm / takeovers i have added sales sheet for accenta g3 bellow, instant set can be done in eng menu (3) "flags a" number (6) "Enable single

key setting"

ADE___G3_Optima_Accenta.pdf

texicom r8 sale pdf has one button set in bold txt on it

euro mini user manual

galaxy g2 user manual

im hoping that it is ok to post user manuals as these only let you mess up what your code can all ready do but atlest you know your doing it ;) i take no resposability if you remove your own code or worse, :!: read it, then read it, then read it again if not happy ask some one B)

texecom___Veritas_R8_Leaflet.pdf

Euro_mini_user_manual.pdf

Galaxy_2_user_manual_Rev_1.1.pdf

I have contacted (email) Texecom a couple of times today to check a couple of details.

I got replies in about 15 minutes. I was amazed. My cynical colegue said haven't they got anything to do!

The even let me have the installers manual.

Looking good.

Makes you wonder why I registered as an APPROVED installer................

lol you need to be an approved installer i wounder if that helps with the warranty :hmm:

Archived