Security Installer Community

Nacoss Gold Powers?

kensplace

Does NSI NACOSS have any clout, ie if a nacoss gold registered company was running what in my mind seemed to be a bit of a money making scam (by giving out misleading/inaccurate information, probably in order to hope to get people to pay money to them) then would they be able to put a stop to it?

Without going into naming names etc, I spotted a site that in my opinion gives very misleading information, linked from a nacoss gold site, and the site in question is owned by the owner of the nacoss gold firm.

Guest RJBsec
Does NSI NACOSS have any clout, ie if a nacoss gold registered company was running what in my mind seemed to be a bit of a money making scam (by giving out misleading/inaccurate information, probably in order to hope to get people to pay money to them) then would they be able to put a stop to it?

In theory yes, but you would probably have more success with Trading Standards.

• 2 months later...
the issue is 'in your opinion'

if its a scam then yes they would take action and so would trading std's. if its not then neither probably would.

wanna send me the info over pm?

Sorry for delay in replying, life has been pretty hectic for a bit - would send info but its on a laptop that died....

Should be getting it fixed when I get some time and cash, so will send it hopefully then.

Wasnt anything that serious, just a firm trying to flog cctv 'scare tactics' in order to get people to pay money for data protection etc packs when

they were not making it clear not everyone needs to pay. If I didnt know better, I would have been scared enough into paying them money to 'be legal'.

Thankfully I do, but others wont, and it disgusted me that a person who owns a firm registered with a professional body can get away with this sort of thing.

If my memory didnt suck, I would pm links, but it does...

Big scale of things its nothing really, but to me, actions like that show that people who we should trust, cant be trusted, and people we trust to police them, well - obviously if they didnt spot what I did, what are they paid for?

im not sure i fully understand, but if you think something is wrong then do report it. We are an NSI gold approved firm to be clear.

I think it depends on how its worded, ie if its misleading then its wrong period.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 1 year later...

Archived