Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20

sirocco

Can someone help clear my addled brain!

Having installed a Galaxy G2-20 in a domestic premises I have checked out all the hardware comms etc and am now programming zones.

The final exit door has a regular door contact and I want this to terminate the setting procedure on leaving the premises.

I would like to initiate a 30 sec delay whilst setting and for this to be terminated as soon as the door is finally closed and look forward to hearing :angry2: the system set confirmation tones.

The door is set as Zone 1001 on the main panel and I have programmed this Zone as exit (menu 52 1 01)

I have set the exit time parameter to 0 secs (Menu 51 04) and hey presto the setting procedure will not terminate on closing this final door.

If I set the exit time parameter back to 30secs it will set after 30 secs but the setting procedure is not cut short by the closure of the door.

Am I missing something really basic?

Can someone help clear my addled brain!

Having installed a Galaxy G2-20 in a domestic premises I have checked out all the hardware comms etc and am now programming zones.

The final exit door has a regular door contact and I want this to terminate the setting procedure on leaving the premises.

I would like to initiate a 30 sec delay whilst setting and for this to be terminated as soon as the door is finally closed and look forward to hearing :angry2: the system set confirmation tones.

The door is set as Zone 1001 on the main panel and I have programmed this Zone as exit (menu 52 1 01)

I have set the exit time parameter to 0 secs (Menu 51 04) and hey presto the setting procedure will not terminate on closing this final door.

If I set the exit time parameter back to 30secs it will set after 30 secs but the setting procedure is not cut short by the closure of the door.

Am I missing something really basic?

prog it final..

final on a 2-20 does not mean final as in a g3, dimension or classic

on a g2 you also need to tell it if its to terminate or not. It defaults to not

exit means the same on all tho..if et is default he doesnt need to change anything except prog zone final..

yep

what does parameter 08 say its setup as?

08=Exit Terminate

id suggest it is set to no. You will need to chnage to 1=full set only

thanks Redbull, is that in addition to the exit time parameter 51.04 being set to 0 ?

I'll give it another go in the morning when the siren wont disturb the neighbours!

Thanks for the quick response.

Another thing which has been baffling me is programming keytags.

I programmed two users with keytags (obtained from different sources)

Both keytags looked identical,both presented OK to the keyprox and a healthy string of digits appeared followed by two beeps.

However when I tried to set the alarm only one will initiate the setting proc and unset ok. The other gives one beep then nothing.

I am guessing that the one of these that doesn't work is not compatable with the Honeywell Galaxy system even tho it looks identical and is recognised and able to be programmed in.

Is there any way of identifying which keytags will work with a G2-20 other than trial and error?

Both keytags looked identical,both presented OK to the keyprox and a healthy string of digits appeared followed by two beeps.

However when I tried to set the alarm only one will initiate the setting proc and unset ok. The other gives one beep then nothing.

I am guessing that the one of these that doesn't work is not compatable with the Honeywell Galaxy system even tho it looks identical and is recognised and able to be programmed in.

Is there any way of identifying which keytags will work with a G2-20 other than trial and error?

i presume they both progd the same,tho ive had problems too does the prox tag num start with 00 or 0 ive had to try a few times before it accepts it

Guest old-hand

If it bleeps on presenting its a valid "tag"

Check the programming.

So whats the difference?

Can you make a proxtag into a programmed prox tag or is this set at manufacture?

only by programming it again,sometimes the keypad doesnt read it correctly even tho you see the number go in..delete it and try again..

When you set the keypad to accept the code you can inadvertently add a digit.

Go back into the programming mode and delete the existing tag number then programme it again.

Remember too that to set with the tag you need to hold it there for several seconds, if you don't it will beep but not start to set.

Go back into the programming mode and delete the existing tag number then programme it again.

Remember too that to set with the tag you need to hold it there for several seconds, if you don't it will beep but not start to set.

agreed again,but ive always been told set the system with code unset with fob,i remember the early proxs caused probs setting and unsetting with fob only,i always tell customers code set fob unset..tho i know a few say fob set/unset...any thoughts?

Guest old-hand
no its doesnt,if its just one quick beep,it means its a prox tag not a programmed prox tag

Sorry, should have said its a valid one, if programmed. As in it can be accepted.

I'll try that.

The reason I wanted to use tags on this system is that I have used tag set/tag unset in my own house system (Galaxy) for years and never had a problem (wish I hadn't said that, tempting fate) and for all the user members of my family some quite young and others quite elderly it makes the process so much simpler than using codes and pressing wrong buttons.

I'm on the side of tags (when they work)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll try that.

The reason I wanted to use tags on this system is that I have used tag set/tag unset in my own house system (Galaxy) for years and never had a problem (wish I hadn't said that, tempting fate) and for all the user members of my family some quite young and others quite elderly it makes the process so much simpler than using codes and pressing wrong buttons.

I'm on the side of tags (when they work)

have you programmed the max function for set and unset ?

Any ISO tag should work iirc. On the user tag that doesnt, remember to erase any partial number thats stored (B). Then, auto learn, on watching the numbers they usually start 00, i've had some that dont learn in first time. Also go wth what someone else mentioned, code to set, tag unset. This makes sure that the customer doesnt forget thier code :whistle: , and also on a 2-20/2-44, you can only full set with a tag

Archived