Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20

sirocco

Can someone help clear my addled brain!

Having installed a Galaxy G2-20 in a domestic premises I have checked out all the hardware comms etc and am now programming zones.

The final exit door has a regular door contact and I want this to terminate the setting procedure on leaving the premises.

I would like to initiate a 30 sec delay whilst setting and for this to be terminated as soon as the door is finally closed and look forward to hearing :angry2: the system set confirmation tones.

The door is set as Zone 1001 on the main panel and I have programmed this Zone as exit (menu 52 1 01)

I have set the exit time parameter to 0 secs (Menu 51 04) and hey presto the setting procedure will not terminate on closing this final door.

If I set the exit time parameter back to 30secs it will set after 30 secs but the setting procedure is not cut short by the closure of the door.

Am I missing something really basic?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone help clear my addled brain!

Having installed a Galaxy G2-20 in a domestic premises I have checked out all the hardware comms etc and am now programming zones.

The final exit door has a regular door contact and I want this to terminate the setting procedure on leaving the premises.

I would like to initiate a 30 sec delay whilst setting and for this to be terminated as soon as the door is finally closed and look forward to hearing :angry2: the system set confirmation tones.

The door is set as Zone 1001 on the main panel and I have programmed this Zone as exit (menu 52 1 01)

I have set the exit time parameter to 0 secs (Menu 51 04) and hey presto the setting procedure will not terminate on closing this final door.

If I set the exit time parameter back to 30secs it will set after 30 secs but the setting procedure is not cut short by the closure of the door.

Am I missing something really basic?

prog it final..

final on a 2-20 does not mean final as in a g3, dimension or classic

on a g2 you also need to tell it if its to terminate or not. It defaults to not

exit means the same on all tho..if et is default he doesnt need to change anything except prog zone final..

yep

what does parameter 08 say its setup as?

08=Exit Terminate

id suggest it is set to no. You will need to chnage to 1=full set only

thanks Redbull, is that in addition to the exit time parameter 51.04 being set to 0 ?

I'll give it another go in the morning when the siren wont disturb the neighbours!

Archived