Security Installer Community

Should Have Bought It Last Week

Mattyg2004

If you require a quote please dont hesitate in giving us a call, we do intruder, cctv, access control, security lighting and free advice. We have some good deals on cctv and intruder systems.

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

If you do get quotes for work please make sure you use an approved company NSI os SSAIB.

At least you know you are not dealing with any chancers and your insurance company may give you a discount.

Well aint it just c##p when you get done over , Was in Lower Broughton today, called in at clients house ,was there for max 2 minutes, went back to car for tool box and some little scusser has smashed both drivers and passenger door windows (presume there was two of them ), and nicked me Tom Tom,

One day i will catch one of these toe rags, and boy will they know about it!!

Any way had to drive back to Huddersfield from Salford and it's bleedin cold on the M62 in a car with no windows :P

( if any one gets offered a Tom Tom 520 in the Manchester area pls let me know!)

Sorry to here about your loss.

The domestic i have been installing at for the last 2 weeks (yes 2 weeks) i have left the car unlocked and the boot open all day and even left ladders there over night. It is about a mile from any other road or property in Cheshire.

Agreed there,but never show today what can be nicked next week,if you leave a tom tom on display it could disappear on the spot or some one who has walked by will come back at a later date,the same goes for sorting out your tools in the boot never do it on the open rd especially outside your home coz if the scum bags eye up what you keep in there on a walk or drive by they will come back at 0200 hrs and clean you out!!!.

I'm cynical old git ! "they" are waiting to get you as soon as you let your guard down.

Paul.

Agreed there,but never show today what can be nicked next week,if you leave a tom tom on display it could disappear on the spot or some one who has walked by will come back at a later date,the same goes for sorting out your tools in the boot never do it on the open rd especially outside your home coz if the scum bags eye up what you keep in there on a walk or drive by they will come back at 0200 hrs and clean you out!!!.

I'm cynical old git ! "they" are waiting to get you as soon as you let your guard down.

Paul.

Or leave your blinds open and the lights off

Yep definatly learnt our lesson.

Or leave your blinds open and the lights off

Yep definatly learnt our lesson.

im sorry also to hear of you recent burglary, take the advice of people on here, some people on here have been in the security trade/industry a very long time and know what and how to install different security devices, in my opinion cctv and alarms go together, very well, as once the intruder has logged the time of entry (or if remotley monitored througha a dialler to a mobile or a arc (alarm recieving centre) on police response or keyholder response, a time will be noted and would make finding the intrusion far easier

deffo get an alarm installed rapid BUT also use good quality cctv cameras that are brand, like vista, samsung, pelco, dm, genie are very good to. but china cctv can be very hit and miss on quality and is worth avoiding if possible,

its also worth making sure you can network to ddns internet connection for the cctv dvr (recorder)

hope this helps.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I have found a vicon 216 dvr but it states that its only 120fps which is ok on 4-5 channel but surely only 7.5 fps on 16 channel is a little poor

If i where to run 8 channel would 15fps give a good enough picture (I believe the human eye only sees at 15fps

or do I try and grab a panasonic HD500

The human eye can make out 25 "frames" a second that's why if you ever see 25fps per channel it's normally called "real time" as you can't tell the difference your recording slightly slower than that but 15fps is still good enough it really all depends on what your capturing really also how it's recorded since that will affect play back more some formats give good playback no point in having a high frame rate if the recorded image is unusable.

Higher frame rate = more disk space needed unless you want to compromise on the quality of the image which I don't think you'd want to do.

I try and get what ever one gives you the most HDD space and a good overall frame rate once you've put all your cameras on it, depending on the model some take the max framerate and devide it down amongst all the cameras others allow you to select what camera gets what frame rate, allows you to pick and choose which cameras get "Priority" so to speak.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived