Security Installer Community

how many zones?

Guest oddsocks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think about it tho,all these systems are exclusive to //.National Installer.// hence no one could take them over+the focus was top quality stuff even down to the contacts,the ones with //.National Installer.// stamped into them,(as the group 4 stuff,i mean who else had there own jb's made with their logo stamped into them)still going strong after 15yrs on a entry door!!!how many of the new stuff could manage that??

thats true!but when you do you know you're gonna have trouble <_<

Tell me about it :(

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Affinity

gee another public airing :unsure:

Really do think it needs looking into that these sort of posting should only be in trade as i said on the other debate that is going on

Companies and products should not be pulled apart in public

Am I the onlyone that thinks this or do you agree ....keep it in the trade! or it will be moved by moderators!

Maybe the section should be trade and the other done as diy or something

the site has to look professional on the open forum. Again my opinion and no offence meant and again as I said on the other posting I am not viewing this as an installer and I am not biased to any company products as you know just giving my opinion ... I think both debates should be moved to trade....... over to you guys :D

Hi All,

Yeah, We do have some heated debates on here and perhaps this would be better in the trade section.....

Regards

Bellman

Healthy debate is good for everyone, providing it doesn't beome vicious and language is clean. It good to see people with different opinions and yes, there are times when they should be in the trade section. But we should also give the "public" credit to make there own minds up as to a products suitabillity for a job or not. If we debate behind closed doors, how will the public get a fair view point, is it not far better that they get to see the warts and all opinions and make a choice for themselves, especially when you see posts from guys who actually use these products day in day out.

If as mederators we see a post that contavenes the rules then yes we should act, but surley it is the post starters choice as to where a post should be, and indeed they aree also able to condiser their posts before making them, if a member dooesn't want the public to judge theire company by their post then dont make it in the first place.

Colin.

if a member dooesn't want the public to judge theire company by their post then dont make it in the first place.

Colin.

Disagree with you on that one,

The postings I make on here have nothing to do with the company I work for.

I'm here in my own time and they are my own personal views and opinions.

Regards

Bellman

To an extent Chris I know what you mean, but when you and others make connections with the firm you work for in your posts and signatures, how does a member of the public distinguish between the two?

Should we all have a personal disclaimer on our signatures or have no markings, its dificult not be associated unless we do and a simple comment in a post is all that it takes.

Colin.

Ps. and as you recently added a disclaimer on your signature then you have a distiction between you and work, but do the public read any further than "//.National Installer.// Sheffield"

To an extent Chris I know what you mean, but when you and others make connections with the firm you work for in your posts and signatures, how does a member of the public distinguish between the two?

Should we all have a personal disclaimer on our signatures or have no markings, its dificult not be associated unless we do and a simple comment in a post is all that it takes.

Colin.

Ps. and as you recently added a disclaimer on your signature then you have a distiction between you and work, but do the public read any further than "//.National Installer.// Sheffield"

Hi Colin.

I appreciate what your trying to get at here, but like you say it's hard to draw a dividing line between the two, for example.

If Joe public asks for advice regarding a //.National Installer.// system then I'm likely to reply to the post to offer assistance.

The //.National Installer.// tag line makes the user aware that I more than likely know what the correct course of action should be. (Since I work for em).

The user should also be aware that I'm here in my spare time and as such I don't offer any "official" recomendations or endorsements just my own personal opinions.

Hence the disclaimer.

How can I achieve the above without stating who I work for?

I don't have a problem with people knowing that I work for //.National Installer.//, although it does tend to cloud peoples views of me and my workmanship.

Then again, the //.National Installer.// name always ruffles a few feathers wherever I go.

Regards

Bellman

Archived