Security Installer Community

how many zones?

Guest oddsocks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oddsocks

ok guys I am just about sold on the Galaxy, just wanted to check how user friendly you think it is ie. naming part sets etc. so the user knows whats going on.

I have about 3-4 weeks untill I have to install because he has building work going on so I figure this will give me time to get used to the panel first. (hopefully)

cheers

Galaxy 18 with rio you can get it in a kit = galaxy 18 panel , proxy rkp and coms mod. You would have to buy a rio if using more than 10 zones but you wont get better i would use one every time a bit expensive but good stuff and you can make the coms mod send SMS mesages to your mobile eg time date and zone activated.

Just dont forget to use the belden cable ;)

Agreed, this is very important !!!!!!

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest MKAlarms
...forget the texecom rubbish and go with a nice Ademco (or should that be honeywell) panel...

Bellman,

I can't understand your comment. I much prefer the Premier panels to Honeywell. Have you used Premier panels before?

What is it about them you think is rubbish?

MikeR

Hi Mike,

I Have used Texecom equipment for quite some time (for the last 10 years in fact) starting from the very first veritas panels to the modern premier range so i'd consider myself versed in their use/install.

The words "Cheap" and "Rubbish" and "Unreliable" and "Tacky" spring to mind,

The Quality of the PCB is lacking and it badly mounts in the endstation, the end station itself deforms easily also unless on a COMPLETELY flat surface.

I've had problems with (in no particular order) transformers overheating and badly vibrating, Tamper switch problems, keypad buttons that fail repeatedly, as well as a host of other problems.

As well as the fact that every sparky/electrical wholesaler and their dog sell them so end users can get hold of them directly.

Hopefully things will be better now they have some of the menvier people onboard.

They are fine for the £199 fitted Brigade but sorry, I'd not touch em with a barge pole.

I would NOT put one on my house under any circumstances as I've had too many bad experiances with them. (perhaps i'm jaded by that)

I regularly replace them with proper proffessional pieces of equipment (Galaxy) that will stand the test of time and not let the customer down.

As for the premier (is that name supposed to make em sound as though they have some quality about them?) It's just a veritas with a LCD display and a few gimicky "Bells and whistles" good for showing off to customers but they'll soon get tired of those when it is false alarming every other day.

Look at the price differences between the "Entry level" type equipment (diy stuff and I include the texecom stuff in there) and proper proffesionaly installed stuff like the Galaxy range, Menvier range, Aritech range and the Scantronic range.

I think you will agree, there is a gulf of difference between them.

At the end of the day, you only get what you pay for, and as my grandfather used to say, Buy cheap, buy twice..

Just my opinion

Regards

Bellman

I would definitely have a look at the Premier 24 (Texecom).

To add further fuel to the fire I'd suggest look is all you do then steer well clear.

As for the comments on "Wanting the best" then Texecom DEFINATLY isn't what you want.

May I ask if you used any of the Galaxy range?

Regards

Bellman

why not go for a pyronix matrix panel, they can expand by 8 zones at a time and the the panel has plug on for 8 zone expander, u can also get speech dialler module for panel. Gardners should sell it. they also have prox keypad/readers to add as well.

Keep it to BS though mate (or EN)

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived