Security Installer Community

how many zones?

Guest oddsocks

Guest RICHL

As you are in the trade you should be able to get hold of most stuff then. I would go for a Gardtec 816 (16 EOL zones on board) LCD keypad and you plug on a speech dialler later if you want.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oddsocks

no problems buying trade, just after the "best panel" which i realise is a quest - but i figure that this is the best place to come for opinions. I have installed 2 id systems and they were ok with no probs, but when speaking to others they thought i had done it to keep the costs down. this is one of the few jobs where money is not really a concern - reliability & quality are my only concerns on this one so i really want to get it right

cheers

Guest oddsocks

hey don't want to start a fued guys, i can see your both trying to help all i'm after is opinions on panels as you know what is good.

Yea, if i installed a system (only a spark), i would like to think a company could take it over for maintenance without having to redo anything :unsure: Umm, hopefully they could !

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Guest MKAlarms

I would definitely have a look at the Premier 24 (Texecom). This is 8 zones expandable to 24 (you said 15 was a minimum - only leaving yourself one free might not be enough especially if you are likely to add eg smoke detectors at some point in the future).

When you say you want "the best" the LCD keypads are very nice or you could really splash out and go for the new metal flush mounts, these have got to be about the best keypads on the market at the moment.

MikeR

Go for a Scantronic 9851 16 zones FSL on board with built in Digi and expandable to 40, we fit loads.

Also has the ability to use wireless Class VI devices via an expander.

For our bigger jobs we use the Galaxy range but to be honest the Scannie is fine for domestics.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

I Agree with Paul and Steve,

Galaxy is the way to go, forget the texecom rubbish and go with a nice Ademco (or should that be honeywell) panel

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Gimmick

I would recommend the Guardall Qx18i control panel. Easy to install, can expand to 18 zones (including Keypad detectors), and has an integrated dialler for monitoring should it be required in the future.

Can't think why I recommend that model or manufacturer . . lmao !!

Gimmick.

Guest RICHL
BS should matter!!! diyer or not. Just because someone is a Diyer doesnt mean they shouldnt install the system correctly.

If people come on here asking for advise then you should give them the correct advise Richl otherwise whats the point.

Pete

Pete - you are right of course. But I reserve the right to disagree ;)

Archived