Security Installer Community

how many zones?

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

hi all, i have to fit 15 (min) detectors in a house and wandered how to split these up- i guess ideally it would be good to see each detector individually in the log, what do you think?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely - one detector per zone. This reduces your chances of false alarms (fewer joins etc in the cable) and makes any false alarms much easier to trouble-shoot.

Also - when the alarm goes off, the user knows where to check - saves them from wandering round multiple rooms!!

Guest Adrian

B) How about using the Gardtec 593, 8 zones onboard and use an 8 zone exspander and hey you will have a spare zone.

Best of all its easy to program and can be set up for remote access if wanted.

Adrian B)

i would always recommend a galaxy 16

Bit of a headache to program if its your first attempt though.

8 zones on board and an additional 8 by adding a rio.

if installing for myself i never go past it.

Guest RICHL

No offence Oddsocks, but you sound like DIYer in which case Galaxy and Gardtec will probably be difficult to get hold of. In which case you may be better off looking at Veritas or ADE (cant remember the name ofthe panel tho).

Guest oddsocks

no offence taken, I am door entry/cctv eng. - only done a couple of alarms so admit to know very little about them.

I am after a a good panel that is expandable, will eventually use an autodialler of some description to alert owner & or neighbours. Programming should not be too much of a prob for me - quality is my main concern not price as this chap is worth keeping happy.

All advice appreciated.

Guest oddsocks

sorry, also, about fitting Vipers or similiar on windows in a house under jet flight path, are you all sure they will be ok. they (occasionally) come really low and when they do you can FEEL it. I am still nervous about these.

cheers.

Archived