Security Installer Community

Warranties

Guest old-hand
The system was a single camera, 4 way dvr in house install.

I was contacted by a company to install it cheaper than they could. The woman was saying her landlord was breakng in when she was out. I got cash up front and installed it. Upon asking her for the usb lead she was meant to get she went weird on me.

I told her to ring me when she had one. She rang 4 times telling me i was meant to provide it.

She rang after a week, said she had it so i returned straight away. Got there, no lead. She cornered me and got weird again. I left again and told her to get the lead. Another week passed then she rang again saying she had the lead. I returned again to find a lead.

Ok, installed the lead to the pc then asked her for the dvr software cd.

She went on to accuse me of stealing the cd, patted me down, got extremely weird with me.

I left the house, went straight to the local police station and logged the allegation. The police were aware of her way before my visit.

She found the cd then rang me back to tell me. By this time a return visit was impossible.

She called another firm to commission and set up the dvr. That firm have also cut there ties with her.

She has since then had an electrician install additional cameras on the system.

This was in july 2008, i today recieve a letter from her saying she wants her money back because it doesnt work!

She is threatening legal action!

Sorry got to laugh, about 20 yrs ago when I was a mere locksmith I was called out to help someone in the same situation. Her ex lodger was breaking in, by picking the locks and taking belongings. she assured me there were no other keys available other than hers......................So on the door was a Brahma mortise lock a Chubb 3G110 mortise lock a Ingersoll SC71 cylinder lock and a Banham 363 mortise lock. After looking at the door and hearing her opinion of how the ex lodger was breaking in, I then refused to do any work for her and asked her to leave a note for the ex lodger to contact me for a job as he was obviously almost as good as me.

I spoke tonight to the guy that ended up setting the dvr up. He said that the footage he found was disturbing. He saw a youth/ male crawl in to the room at 2am, behind the settee and straight to turn off the light. Then the torch came out!

He swore it was somebody who new the house and a new camera.

Guest old-hand
I spoke tonight to the guy that ended up setting the dvr up. He said that the footage he found was disturbing. He saw a youth/ male crawl in to the room at 2am, behind the settee and straight to turn off the light. Then the torch came out!

He swore it was somebody who new the house and a new camera.

Spotty son maybe?

Where do you stand with keeping up with the warranty on a dvr installed less than 12 months ago. Bear in mind that the system has been "messed" with by another company and an electrician.

Tell them to sling there hook

Manchester based Lee 07709 736 987

www.secure-solutions.info

Guest old-hand
Tell them to sling there hook
Well if its true, you just solved the problem.

Just surprised someone went this far with it.

Perhaps its time to realise you were taken the piss out of and chuck in the towel. Doubt there would be any come backs.

Archived