Security Installer Community

Mad Pan Tilt Units

sam10693

Hi everyone this is a pm on behalf of my freind he has aquired some Mad continuous rotation topper pan tilts. The reason for the pm is that they are DC units fitted with breaks he is wondering weather or not you need to apply voltage to the breaks to allow the unit to move or not and weather they are an optional feature and are only used if required. Any help would be verry apriciated :rolleyes: best regards Sam.

Hi Alex thanks for your reply. We also had an inkling it was optional but we dont really want to go ahead and power the unit up to find its got the breaks on. Im not to sure iether if its all DC heads that have them or just continous rotation units :hmm: But anyway thanks for the help and anymore suggestons would be great.

Best regards Sam.

It all depends on what PTZ controller your hooking it up to, if it's meant to be used with this head then it should have Pan / Tilt drive and brake outputs, one I know that does but not used the braking on it is the BBV RX55 which connects nicely to some dennard variable speed heads we've used, nice 14-pin connctor on that to provide movement + full feedback .

I'd think if yours is anything similar you'll have

2 wires for pan drive, 2 wires for tilt drive, 4 wires for pan / tilt braking, 3 wires for pan feedback, 3 wires for tilt feedback + earth and maybe more..

It all basically depends on the controller and applying constant voltage to the brakes might burn them out as your trying to drive it with the braking on, it's kind of hard to drive a car with the brakes on, it will damage the car.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

It all depends on what PTZ controller your hooking it up to, if it's meant to be used with this head then it should have Pan / Tilt drive and brake outputs, one I know that does but not used the braking on it is the BBV RX55 which connects nicely to some dennard variable speed heads we've used, nice 14-pin connctor on that to provide movement + full feedback .

I'd think if yours is anything similar you'll have

2 wires for pan drive, 2 wires for tilt drive, 4 wires for pan / tilt braking, 3 wires for pan feedback, 3 wires for tilt feedback + earth and maybe more..

It all basically depends on the controller and applying constant voltage to the brakes might burn them out as your trying to drive it with the braking on, it's kind of hard to drive a car with the brakes on, it will damage the car.

Thanks for the reply this has helped a lot :yes: I will try get my freind who the units belong to into the discoussion so you can speak directly as there at his premisis so he can give you more information but thankyou anyway for the verry usefull post.

Best regards Sam.

Archived