Security Installer Community

Tip Fpr Redcare Gsm

darylfrench

fitting a redcare gsm stu today got arc to up it come back with low gsm so i look at the stu no yellow lights so get me big areial out of the van tred that still no luck spent 30 min with arc about it so i ring bt up they poled the stu week signal after 30 min with them they said the gsm sim card was not active so they rang o2 and got it active no appology from bt and 1hr job turnd ito 2 1/2 hours happy days a sorry about spelling im c##p

Trade Member

fitting a redcare gsm stu today got arc to up it come back with low gsm so i look at the stu no yellow lights so get me big areial out of the van tred that still no luck spent 30 min with arc about it so i ring bt up they poled the stu week signal after 30 min with them they said the gsm sim card was not active so they rang o2 and got it active no appology from bt and 1hr job turnd ito 2 1/2 hours happy days a sorry about spelling im c##p

I,ve had the same problem on dualcom GPRS on two occasions

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

TBH I usally comission and ignore GSM low it strangley seems to go away after a couple of hours.

I DO check next day with ARC and wil re-visit if required.

T+C state that 14 days allowed from comissioning to iorn out problems etc etc this covers any re-visit if ariel needed.

TBH I usally comission and ignore GSM low it strangley seems to go away after a couple of hours.

I DO check next day with ARC and wil re-visit if required.

T+C state that 14 days allowed from comissioning to iorn out problems etc etc this covers any re-visit if ariel needed.

i spent three hours once trying to up one of these with a very unknowing arc op and bt

only to find out three hours later that bt had sent out a bad batch and not recalled them!!!!!!!!!

csl dual com for me now

Are you sure it wasn't an upgrade and the ARC had forgotten to enable the GSM?

Dualcom GPRS should not have that issue - try and find out more from CSL if it happens again.

'J

New installs and definately a Vodaphone problem

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived