Security Installer Community

Pelco Problem

keeny

Hi,

i;ve got a cm6800 pelco matrix controlling pelco leagcy recievers via rs422 D protocol. I know the matrix will control upto 16 units but when i conect upto 8 or 9 units i start to lose control over some of the camera's. Pelco say that i should have around 3.6vdc on the line which i have from the matrix, but the recievers are putting out 4.6vdc. Has anybody else encounted this problem.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi,

i;ve got a cm6800 pelco matrix controlling pelco leagcy recievers via rs422 D protocol. I know the matrix will control upto 16 units but when i conect upto 8 or 9 units i start to lose control over some of the camera's. Pelco say that i should have around 3.6vdc on the line which i have from the matrix, but the recievers are putting out 4.6vdc. Has anybody else encounted this problem.

Thanks

I've got a pelco 6800 matrix but via coaxitron and 2 wire 485 D via a distribution unit via a digital sentry remotely. If you can get 7 with no problem surely its a line length issue. Pelco Code distribution unit and split it.,

Archived