Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts690r Displaying Bell Tamper

NickS1066

My alarm comprises a Menvier TS690R wireless control panel with a Odyessy 4E bell box.

Recently I replaced the cable between the control panel and the bell box. Since then the control panel displays the message BELL TMP, preventing me from setting the alarm. I've checked the microswitch on the bell box is closing correctly and that the wiring connections are good. In test mode the bell and the strobe function correctly.

How can I establish whether the control panel or the bell box is at fault?

The manual for the control panel does not list the displayed fault.

Do I need to perform a reset to clear this fault? I have the passcode for Engineer, but entering this and pressing ESC does not clear the fault.

Any help on this would be useful! Thanks.

My alarm comprises a Menvier TS690R wireless control panel with a Odyessy 4E bell box.

Recently I replaced the cable between the control panel and the bell box. Since then the control panel displays the message BELL TMP, preventing me from setting the alarm. I've checked the microswitch on the bell box is closing correctly and that the wiring connections are good. In test mode the bell and the strobe function correctly.

How can I establish whether the control panel or the bell box is at fault?

The manual for the control panel does not list the displayed fault.

Do I need to perform a reset to clear this fault? I have the passcode for Engineer, but entering this and pressing ESC does not clear the fault.

Any help on this would be useful! Thanks.

I can't remember how the bell connections on the TS690r are labelled but if you post that info I (or somebody else) will tell you which terminals to link out to establish where the problem lies.

If you put a link of wire between H/O- & TR- Close the box up and exit to the Day/Off state, if it clears, it's the 'bell'

If it does clear, use a multi meter set on 12vDC and measure between H/O+ & TR- you should get in the region of 12v+ if you get the tampers correctly set up at the sounder, if you don't get this 12v, keep playing until you do.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

If you put a link of wire between H/O- & TR- Close the box up and exit to the Day/Off state, if it clears, it's the 'bell'

If it does clear, use a multi meter set on 12vDC and measure between H/O+ & TR- you should get in the region of 12v+ if you get the tampers correctly set up at the sounder, if you don't get this 12v, keep playing until you do.

Thanks for this. What do you you mean exit to the Day/Off state?

Thanks for this. What do you you mean exit to the Day/Off state?

Er, turn it off, as in, pretend you have come back to your house following a day out, open front door, turn off the alarm ( Day/Off state )

Or in other words, come out of Engineering and you're back to the Day/Off state

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Er, turn it off, as in, pretend you have come back to your house following a day out, open front door, turn off the alarm ( Day/Off state )

Or in other words, come out of Engineering and you're back to the Day/Off state

I've just put in the link and it is still displaying BELL TMP. The control box is at fault. Is there anythingelse to try?

I've just put in the link and it is still displaying BELL TMP. The control box is at fault. Is there anythingelse to try?

Perhaps my fault, I forgot to suggest / say that you have take out any cable from your sounder that is terminated in TR- before you put the link in.

Perhaps my fault, I forgot to suggest / say that you have take out any cable from your sounder that is terminated in TR- before you put the link in.

I'd already disconnected all the wires from the bell box - so wasn't this. I've just disconnected the wires to the internal sounder, and linked out the Aux Tamp. This has cleared the fault, display showing SYS OPEN.. :rolleyes: ! Just need to figure whats wrong with the Aux Tamper now! Should be able to sort this out myself. Thanks for your help. Nick

Archived