Security Installer Community

Yale Ain't So Bad

fastalarms

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to call the helpline a few times, turned out I was fitting it at the wrong house, was trying to force the transformer plug

into a light bulb socket, and was spending more than 5 minutes on each job...

...They are moving me up to Platinum Installer Level on Monday!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

The pwermax also looks ok other than the need for the 240v for the siren. Putting spurs in downstairs near the supply is no problem. trying to find a ring main in an attic is altogether different.

Eh? The siren is wireless too, literally AC mains to the panel and off you go!

I'm going to be honest, I serviced a Yale system a few weeks ago, it was easy. Changed all the batts too, but they was just standard Alkaline batteries! A intruder alarm needs to be relaible and with that Li-ion batteries should be used too.

At the end of the day, it is DIY and as professional installers shouldnt we be promoting equipment that has years of R+D and capitial plouged into it?

Eh? The siren is wireless too, literally AC mains to the panel and off you go!

I'm going to be honest, I serviced a Yale system a few weeks ago, it was easy. Changed all the batts too, but they was just standard Alkaline batteries! A intruder alarm needs to be relaible and with that Li-ion batteries should be used too.

At the end of the day, it is DIY and as professional installers shouldnt we be promoting equipment that has years of R+D and capitial plouged into it?

How many Yale's you got on service?

Seen the new Honeywell (branded at least)

DIY tastic

http://www.screwfix.com/p/honeywell-home-garden-wireless-burglar-alarm-kit/5314j

This alarm has become my nemesis. My next door neighbours have fitted one and because the bell is the panel it beeps every time they set and unset it. Which is normally about midnight and 5 am. That's without the random beeps throughout the day.

What's worse is they fitted it after I put in my alarm and we had my girlfriends sister staying to house sit and she barricaded herself in the bedroom because she thought the beeps were someone using a remote to tamper with our alarm. She kept setting and unsettling our one haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to a neighbours house whose decorator had powered a yale wireless alarm down, took the keypad off the wall to find a little watch battery rattling around inside it and had broke of the pcb. Fitted enforcer the next day.