Security Installer Community

Yale Ain't So Bad

fastalarms

I think the OP here only came on to say that they found the YALE product suited their client base and was happy to continue with it.I don't think he/she expected a full on trade debate on what is the public forum of the site.

... but he then went on to say that approved alarms are not needed and overpriced.

Saying that he thinks Yale is OK is fine ..... but posting misleading information is always going to lead to it being challenged, and rightly so.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Saying that he thinks Yale is OK is fine ..... but posting misleading information is always going to lead to it being challenged, and rightly so.

QFA.

Also I note from his website a comparison chart of the Yale v ADT & Chubb etc. This does lead one to believe confusion will arrise (deliberately, or is that cynical). How can you compare a product designed to be installed by the homeowner themselves with a prof installed, prof engineered, fully risk assesed etc etc.

I have no problem with someone's opinion differing from mine :) , (and I'll match my 30+ years fitting/servicing all sorts of systems against anyones 8mths fitting 1 type and no servicing), but I do object to the "not everyone can afford" bit being justified by 86 yro ladies not being confident climbing up ladders.

but then thats my opinion which I'm entitled to too.

QFA.

Also I note from his website a comparison chart of the Yale v ADT & Chubb etc. This does lead one to believe confusion will arrise (deliberately, or is that cynical). How can you compare a product designed to be installed by the homeowner themselves with a prof installed, prof engineered, fully risk assesed etc etc.

I have no problem with someone's opinion differing from mine :) , (and I'll match my 30+ years fitting/servicing all sorts of systems against anyones 8mths fitting 1 type and no servicing), but I do object to the "not everyone can afford" bit being justified by 86 yro ladies not being confident climbing up ladders.

but then thats my opinion which I'm entitled to too.

I do agree, it

System Q Ltd.

I do agree, it

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

To all. I am reviewing the advice I give to clients.

Legally it still does seem to stack up but I may alter the wording to make sure I am not unintentionally placing anyone in a potentially worse position.

I will get the advice of some loss adjusters and insurance companies on Monday.

The comparison I have posted up on my site was not actually made by myself but was helpfully (for me) provided by the alert me group whose comparison chart actually made the YALE system look better.

I agree it is apples and pears. The YALE pir is a one size fits all solution and doesn't meet the need of every scenario, If there are specific environmental issues then the YALE may not perform exactly as a bespoke solution would. Fortnuately by dealing with domestic properties those situations are rare and are worked round as neccessary. I have indeed suggested to clients if I don't think the system would cope due to distances between pirs etc that they really need someone else in and have walked away from money I could have taken.

I thank you all for your concerns even those I have hit a loggerhead with.

Thanks for pointing me to the best wholesaler for the 6662 sytems also I just hope I can still provide something within reach of my existing client base financially.

Mark

This is the legal advice I have been given so far..

An Insurer can only decline a claim on the grounds of Non Disclosure of Material Fact if that non disclosure has a direct connection with the cause of the claim. This is enshrined in the FSA Regulations, which FOS use as basis for their adjudications.

If your policy does not carry an alarm warranty,then no insurer can sucessfully decline because you have fitted an alarm, and then not set it.

Edited by fastalarms

fastalarms

if your USP is cheapest price you will loose them all the day someone elese USP is to be 10% cheaper than you.

cheap prices = cheap customers & your low prices won't buy better relationships or loyalty (see above).

bottom feeding means you need to eat 24/7 where as top feeding means you can afford to miss a few meals.

no offence (free advice only) but anyone can be a busy fool.

if your a 1 man band you need to earn equally for 3 - 1)your wage, 2) your running cost, 3) your profit margin - otherwise you will merely tread water.

good luck

cheers

C.