Security Installer Community

Yale Ain't So Bad

fastalarms

50 Alarms giving you trouble out of 500 is not very good if you ask me.

Come on somebody has to say it............they are junk!

Sorry you have misread the posts.

I have installed 80 in the last 7 months and have had no issues other than reported in the first post.

The only false alarms have been by user misuse , ie forgetting its on , not shutting doors etc etc.

What I actually said was with no problems with 80 systems out there working I would be happy to be responsible for 500.

I didn't actually say I had problems with 50. I have problems with none!

They are easy to dismiss purely on grounds of price.

I have spoken to YALE and suggested some improvemments.

It wouldn't take much to make these systems grade 2 compatible.

A change to 868mhz , a longer fault log , and dual tech PIR's. I would like the addition of a shock sensor too to the range.

They have anti Jam technology and trigger on receipt of a 433Mhz signal.

They have 16 million codes

They are tested at a full range of temps.

It's horses for courses.

I know we would all love to have Farrow and Ball paint on our walls but sometimes we have to do with Dulux or Homebase basics.

If these alarms weren't available then there would be a whole swathe of the population without any protection.

as im sure you will see the bulk of the pros onthis board (including myself) will strongly disagree that that type of system is a good one, IMO it gives a false sense of security. There is much more to that unit being made complaint with 50131 than the things you suggest and i dont think the hardware is caperble of being compliant.

as you have said the powermax is a fine product and is well priced. The std bell is a fully wireless bell on the powermax not a powered one but a powered one is available.

If you were to install one and see what a real product is like i doubt you would still recommend it. While im sure they do have a market I find it difficult to see how you can say how great they are when it is all you install. If i installed telephone systems and only used wet string and yoghurt pots then id think that was the way to go (cheap you see and better than nowt) but as hod no experience of a telephone i couldnt compare.

My biggest concern is that some of these systems seem to use the bellbox as the panel. ie outside totally unprotected etc.

But im glad you like them and hope one never fails to perform and you get held accountable.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'm a professional and I like the Yale alarms.

We've earned good money over the years taking them out and installing proper alarms after the yale ones have proved more trouble than they're worth.

.... so Fastalarms, you keep fitting them mate. That'll keep the rest of us in business in the future.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

as im sure you will see the bulk of the pros onthis board (including myself) will strongly disagree that that type of system is a good one, IMO it gives a false sense of security. There is much more to that unit being made complaint with 50131 than the things you suggest and i dont think the hardware is caperble of being compliant.

as you have said the powermax is a fine product and is well priced. The std bell is a fully wireless bell on the powermax not a powered one but a powered one is available.

If you were to install one and see what a real product is like i doubt you would still recommend it. While im sure they do have a market I find it difficult to see how you can say how great they are when it is all you install. If i installed telephone systems and only used wet string and yoghurt pots then id think that was the way to go (cheap you see and better than nowt) but as hod no experience of a telephone i couldnt compare.

My biggest concern is that some of these systems seem to use the bellbox as the panel. ie outside totally unprotected etc.

But im glad you like them and hope one never fails to perform and you get held accountable.

James

I agree with everything you have said.

I do however have a concern that people could miss out on security simply because they don't bother.

If someone has a quote for a NACOSS or SSIAB system and it comes out at

Some of what you've said so far, although a bit misguided IMO was your opinion and fair enough, we're all entitled to that ....... but you're now talking tosh. We (and other approved companies) fit many audible alarms for much less than that and with no committed ongoing costs, or with a small optional annual charge.

It depends on the system they wanted. If its not simply a two PIR ,one dc, a panel and an SAB then costs do start to mount.

If someone wants monitoring then the costs are there..

They may want monitoring but by the time they have added some extra PIR's , some remote fobs , a remote keypad it just starts to get expensive for the client who would then look for something else.

I have mentioned

Although if someone could tell me the best place to get sentronic ion16 wholesale I would be grateful. I do wish to start adding 2x systems.

Why, when you say Yale is so good?

Why, when you say Yale is so good?

Not because I don't see a market or need for the YALE or because I am wary of installing them but purely to expand my customer options.

I am actually a good guy and I do want to make people feel secure. I know I will be getting dismissed as your prefered term 'cowboy' at present but I am starting a new business in the teeth of a recession and aim to expand and employ staff. Its not easy not least because of doubts about your product by others hence another reason to include a recognised system.

YALE with a little more work could produce the right system but it depends where they intend to market themselves.

Im be surprised if you have insurance for failure to perform based on your figures alone you couldnt afford it and make a living from what your doing.

If the unthinkable happens your going to be in deep poop if the client takes you to court.

And while you assume that your not taking business away from from a proffessional company, if a potential client has quotes from companies, approved or not and you come along with your DIY system offered as a proffessional system some are going to take you up on it.

I hear what your saying about the costs etc and understand why your doing it but the risk your taking is massive and sooner or later you might get bitten.