Security Installer Community

Wiring Of 8 Terminal Dt Pir

cheshiredog

Hi. I'm in the process of replacing all the PIR's in the house as they're battered, bruised, covered in paint etc. As the control panel is a Texecom Veritas R8 and has been totally reliable, I've gone with new Texecom PIR's, which are Dual Tech (known as Mirage). The house is small and so luckily each PIR is allocated to an individual zone, with no other detectors sharing a zone.

For this reason, I don't need to make use of the latching function. However, the PIR's have 8 terminals, one of which is for a latch input. Likewise, the panel has an SW+ output, which presumably would normally be connected to the latching input on the PIR. I'm guessing that I simply just do not make any connections from the SW+ terminal of the panel to the latching input terminal of the PIR?

I'm then a bit confused as the panel supposedly needs the SW+ function to be programmed - so do I need to connect it to something anyway? There are eight options for programming the SW+ function which are: 1) Set positive (latching detectors) 2) Alarm positive with latching sensor reset (FTA detectors) 3) Latching shock sensor auto reset 4) Tamper 5) Mains fail 6) Set positive with latching sensor reset (latching detectors) 7) Walk test 8) Entry/Exit. The reason I'm confused is that surely without programming the SW+ function, I'll still have a tamper feature via the global tamper (and indeed there are two terminals in the PIR for tamper connections), still be able to do a walk test etc? Won't I?

Incidently, the eighth terminal is labelled Remote LED's. The PIR instructions state that if I connect this terminal to 12V it will disable the walk test LED's. If I leave it unconnected it will enable the walk test LED's. Does this mean the LED's on the keypad or within the PIR? Also, will the walk test function work if I don't connect/programme the SW+ function as per option 7) above?

Sorry for all the questions. All help gratefully received.

The house is small and so luckily each PIR is allocated to an individual zone, with no other detectors sharing a zone.

Not critising, just asking?

Are you allowed to install more than one PIR (or dualtech) on a zone?

n

Not critising, just asking?

Are you allowed to install more than one PIR (or dualtech) on a zone?

n

It's DIY, he can do what he likes

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

but if your wanting to do it right then no you cant but as magpye said its diy

Just to clarify, there is just one PIR (and nothing else) to a zone.

The SW+ is programmed to Option 6. If I don't re-programme this to Option 7 and run connections from the SW+ , will I still be able to carry out a walk test? If the answer is yes, then why is there the walk test element to the SW+ function?

Thanks guys.

If you don'r run any connections from SW+ to LED control on the PIR's then all this means is the PIR leds will operate constantly (when the sense movement)this will not affect system operation at, all walk test etc works fine.

If you do run from SW+ and prog as option 7(walk test) and connect to LED control on the PIR-then the ONLY time the LEDS will operate is DURING a walk test (they will still work as normal-just you've disabled the LEDS).

Richard.

Archived