Security Installer Community

Redcare Failing Monthlyish

wotsupnow

Pete

You need to have a word as this isnt acceptable to anyone. As they are approved they have to offer Out of hours service.

It may be that the guarding/keyholding company dont call them out or they know the fault and have offered a solution (new stu) but it has not been ordered.

Also check your not on a comprehensive maint plan as this would be covered if you are.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are NSI gold status and have been around nearly 20yr .

quote "xxxxx engineers are trained to the highest level in electronic security systems including; CCTV, access control, intruder alarms, fire alarms and more

Over to you James :whistle:

No i agree uterly unacceptable assuming the facts are correct.

Id be curious as to the keyholder arangement and why they dont callout the Alarm CO, and if so why they dont respond. Assuming the above is accurate im shocked but OP you really really need to get this resolved.

We are a business in Sth Mcr, for the last 2 yrs we've had the redcare go down ( oddly around 7pm each time ) at 1,2 sometimes 3 month intervals. EMCS ring our keyholder when it goes off, keyholder inspects building, we come in following day and ring alarm maintainers who 'up the stu' and we're ok again. The maintainers won't 'up the stu' at night as they say we need to phone BT and have the line checked first ( which most times we haven't done ). The maintainers looked at our redcare unit and said it's got a sticker on it "guaranteed till 1998 " and needs replacing ,

As already stated it sounds like something on site is causing a problem -especially with the times being similar.

Does your site have any other reporting equipment EPOS etc that uses the same line?

A proper investigation by a experienced engineer would have sorted this by now, initially (as already suggested ) by putting in a spare STU. - quoting you for a new one is just plain lazy IMHO and is not sorting/diagnosing the problem just sweeping under carpet.

Red care do have their own tec support service who have help me out a lot in the past sorting out problems like this - get your 'maintainer' (alarm company engineer i presume and not a building maintenance engineer?) to ring them.

I hope you sort out the problem - if your current alarms supplier can

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Time to change if you ask me, get some quotes for a takeover.

We are based in Oldham, and offer all the services you need, inc 24hr call out ;)

PS: Is the current maintainer based in Royton, and also goes by the name PAT? If so we have taken over a few of SO's jobs due to poor service.

you want be able to recieve pm's as you havnt enough posts yet.

Id contact a couple of companies that cover your area for a quote. Its wise to ask for a company that will support your current panel, for isntance we only support galaxy and castle so the controls would require replacement.

Stu powered off of a mid-90's Veritas panel could explain it all - reckon an upgrade is well overdue for an installation requiring Redcare monitoring.

Archived