Security Installer Community

Remote Control

luke26032000

Hi Guys,

I have a Guardtec 300 series alarm and remote keypad and wish to replace it with something with a remote control.

Can anyone advise me on a panel with remote control capability's or can I add one to my current panel ?

All help much appreciated,

Regards.

Can I just add this is a Gartec 370.

Can I also ask can I add another remote keypad easily ?

Regards

not sure if this panel is still current, i dont think it is so you wont be able to get any bits ie keypads. Id also say the old 300 wouldnt take a keypad.

There are plenty of budget panels that will do what you want, risco eurosec, honeywell accenta gen4, texecom veritas

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

GARDTEC!!!!!! TWICE IN ONE POST!!!!!!!! No no remote with this but Risco (Previously GARDTEC) do a universal wireless kit transmitter and receiver and if you want to set and unset you could connect the zone of the receiver as a keyswitch (I think you maybe able to have a keyswith zone on a 370?)

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

GARDTEC!!!!!! TWICE IN ONE POST!!!!!!!! No no remote with this but Risco (Previously GARDTEC) do a universal wireless kit transmitter and receiver and if you want to set and unset you could connect the zone of the receiver as a keyswitch (I think you maybe able to have a keyswith zone on a 370?)

Sorry GARDTEC !

I think I have confused the description a little but I will try to clarify !

I currently at my front door a GardTec Contour LED RKP c/w ACE (595/800 series)

The main box is under the stairs, and on the PCB on the box "300 series" the main box has no keypad.

Scenario ! I now use the rear doors so I was thinking of adding a remote keyfob type device or another keypad at the rear doors same as the one at the front door.

Is it possible to do this, and is it just a case of wiring an additional keypad to the same wiring as the current one so both work together.

I do have engineers instructions and code.

Any help much appreciated

Archived