Security Installer Community

Public House Alarm Grades

With Scantronic the engineer code has to be prefixed with a certain number as the trade people will know.

This is then followed by four more digits total FIVE.

Technically to access the engineers functions this requires the input of FIVE numerals this is them COMPLIANT.

Surely a 'known to everyone & his brother' first digit is not part of the code, codes are supposed to be fully secret, or is having the first digit acceptable now a days?

Therefore * 1234 is a 4 digit code, * 12345 is a 5 digit code and * 123456 is a 6 digit code

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a 9853.

Therefore no user codes can begin with *. takes a chunk off the number of differs.

As with all Scantronic panels if I remember correctly.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

As a side note I personally think Alterego has a bit of an attitude problem and has on more than one occasion input comments that are neither helpfull or constructive.

As a side note, you posted that you do not comply with regs, you said it not me sweet heart. It is not an attitude problem, i just don't like how our industry allows non-compliant companies to trade as 'approved'. ie. You. I can see why you don't have your company name in your sig.

I don't profess to know every reg off the top of my head, but i make sure i find out before i install anything that is supposed to comply to said regs.

ps: most of my 'attitude' posts will be a joke with ppl i know will take it that way, get a grip.

Archived