Security Installer Community

Any Good?

dpaengineer

Alreet guys, not been around for a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

Anybody know if these are any good.clicky

And also has anyone delt with securitytec.co.uk before. Any opinions/issues.

btw, these are for a domestic install, they want 2 decent cameras (had car burnt out 2 times)

Thanks for any infos, all welcomed.

Trade Member

As good as any other plug and play camera, with them being vari-focal you will be able to set the image up to suit the distance from the house to the car. How much are they as I got a day/night dome with LEDs of ebay for

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Hi rs-485-bus-driver,

They are the same camera as I was on about. They come in loads of different brands, but all imported from the land of the rising sun. I think the night time mono image is better than the day time colour image.

Paul.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Hi rs-485-bus-driver,

They are the same camera as I was on about. They come in loads of different brands, but all imported from the land of the rising sun. I think the night time mono image is better than the day time colour image.

Paul.

i have also crossed paths with these units and this wasnt the best image imho :no: now using the genie 5302 cameras with seperate ir lighting and much better, added bonus that 5302's are varifocal and the other ones as mentioned on previous posts are fixed lens

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

i have also crossed paths with these units and this wasnt the best image imho :no: now using the genie 5302 cameras with seperate ir lighting and much better, added bonus that 5302's are varifocal and the other ones as mentioned on previous posts are fixed lens

Have to agree, genies with seperate IRs better than most for the price. But I've never been impressed by any dome with built in IRs anyway.

Wouldnt a camera in a conventional housing, with seperate IRs be more of a deterrent in this case though ?

This is one chinese design that has really caught on and from the right manufacturer works really well, problem is that there are so many versions of this camera available from so many different sources that it is difficult to ask the price for the good version with so many similar looking cheaper ones to compare with. There is a big difference between the good ones and cheap ones, like the quality of build, materials used and ofcourse picture quality day and night but these attributes cannot be assessed by a photo of the camera.

Eventhough the specs may look equal the performance varies significantly so beware, request samples on sale or return (usually available to trade only) and/or reference sites and make sure you add wheather proofing to your list of tests. Finding a good one is worth the effort.

This is one chinese design that has really caught on and from the right manufacturer works really well, problem is that there are so many versions of this camera available from so many different sources that it is difficult to ask the price for the good version with so many similar looking cheaper ones to compare with. There is a big difference between the good ones and cheap ones, like the quality of build, materials used and ofcourse picture quality day and night but these attributes cannot be assessed by a photo of the camera.

Eventhough the specs may look equal the performance varies significantly so beware, request samples on sale or return (usually available to trade only) and/or reference sites and make sure you add wheather proofing to your list of tests. Finding a good one is worth the effort.

Couldnt Agree more to be honest.

Since i have been working for genie i have been testing quite a few samples from the far east and they all come with the same spec's but the diffrence between models is astounding. Not only with low light performance but with colour rendition, build quality and even power requirements.

To be honest i wouldnt touch a camera from Ebay with a barge pole as you will never garentee what you are going to get. They will all state the same chip set and performance levels but if you put them through their paces i would be suprized if you got anything like the spec's say!

My advice would be go though a distributor (of course i would prefer it to be genie :) ), ok you might pay a bit more than you would from ebay but you always have the comeback and the support if required.

Well thats my tuppence worth.

cheers,

Dan

added bonus that 5302's are varifocal and the other ones as mentioned on previous posts are fixed lens

the domes i was talking about are 4-9 varifocal and as for the ir led i cant fault them at 15m and 0 lux. i'm sure we get them from videcon as we use alot of there vpc701s. like ever thing you get what you pay for.

Archived