Security Installer Community

2 Wireless Alarms Advice Please

Clearly you have experience with wireless systems.

Wondered if you have tried homelink 55. hybrid panel (well sort of, but G2 nontheless). What Texecom panel are you adding wireless to and how grading system at 3?

Which panel did you find easiest to jam?

:hmm:

Grade 3 radio system?

spoilsport

ESP Infinate prime will do either monitoring or speech dialler built-in, not too bad for a diy and bell box mod plugs into upstairs socket on outside wall and cable between that and bell, saves wiring back to panel...... got a few out there which serve their purpose

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

the powermax is a grade 2 product. Classes went out when en50131 came in a few years ago now.

And the premier might be a G3 panel but it certainly isnt when its got wireless on it. G2.... just like the ion and the powermax

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We tested 3 systems on the market, Powermax, I-on16, & Texecom.

Power max pain in the ass, we gave the test unit away it failed to meet radio class 6 as required, we graded it as1, The I-on16 better but had problems with the radio would drop out.

We now use the texecom radio plug in system which converts the normal wired panel to a full rqadio system grade 3 class6 all signalling options and some others as well. Pirs last years on a battery.

I agreed with the others about wired external siren boxes, but if we can we still go for a wired alarm system,

yes cost's a bit more but you can not beat it, radio is not 100% and can be jamed very easly, any intruder who knows his stuff will beable to identifi your system from the box outside.

7 x I-ON16 and counting, Never had a panel drop its radio as of yet. Makes sense to do a full radio check before you install one though. You cant have grade 3 radio, The panel might be a grade 3 BUT as soon as you add radio it automaticly dropps to grade 2.

As for any Intruder being able to identify a system by the external SAB???????????????????

Archived