What Panel Is This Please

Stewbow

post-9232-1227290379_thumb.jpg

Model number required

It's an addressable system

I think it's possibly Gents

The guy who ran PSA saddly passed away

Thanks for any help

May be a Gent Eurofire, a better pic of the buttons would help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

post-9232-1227290379_thumb.jpg

Model number required

It's an addressable system

I think it's possibly Gents

The guy who ran PSA saddly passed away

Thanks for any help

It is a Gent 800 series panel - Pete

I think the rest of the manual is in the manuals section. If not PM me and I will send you more info

4188_658_I1_1.pdf

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

It is a Gent 800 series panel - Pete

I think the rest of the manual is in the manuals section. If not PM me and I will send you more info

The Gent 800 I installed was oblong shaped, I think it had some blue buttons as well. Did the make a 800 this shape??

One less nought then a 8000, which is oblong shaped! Dohh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

Thanks for the input

I can't find any info on the net re a Gent System 800 panel, is it no longer available?

if so what can I replace it with, without changing the other sytem componants?

some clown has just ripped this one off the wall and made a nice mess of the PCB :ranting:

Thanks for the input

I can't find any info on the net re a Gent System 800 panel, is it no longer available?

if so what can I replace it with, without changing the other sytem componants?

some clown has just ripped this one off the wall and made a nice mess of the PCB :ranting:

I have never fitted an 800, what sort of devices are fitted to it, are they cone shaped or doughnut shaped. (MMMM doughnuts)

My Amateur Radio Forum

800 panel was same as a euro panel.

use conventional heads on addressable bases.

Not sure if its obsolete or not, however unless you are gent approved you won't be able to get the software to recomission a new panel

When the rep came round trying to flog the Euro we told him it wasn't going to be any good, every man and his dog was using combined detection-sounder wiring then Gent brought out the Euro with separate sounders, dohh!

Skippy were the bases for this the same as the "new" ones for the 2500?

My Amateur Radio Forum

800 panel was same as a euro panel.

use conventional heads on addressable bases.

Not sure if its obsolete or not, however unless you are gent approved you won't be able to get the software to recomission a new panel

It does have a euoropanel sticker on the front and does have conventional heads on addressable bases.

Who can I speak to regarding this system?

thanks

Do you mean the 2400?

Detection that was used was the 178xx range otherwise known as xenex but with an addressable base.

Originally there was a thought that the 800 might have been a direct replacement for the 2400 but it never worked out like that

Memory failure again, yes I did mean 2400, we did look at it (800) to replace 2400's but it was no good, we just used a vig and put T-Breakers on the lid of the zone boxes.

What I was asking was did you ever use the "new" 2400 conversion bases for newer style Zennex detectors? It crossed my mind that these may be the same as 800 bases?

OP you will need to speak to a Gent SI installer in your area, Gent will tell you who that is.

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please help me if you have the manual of gents xenex fire alarm system with model #BS 5839-1.

Thanks

I have a hard copy of this

Pete

Just checked and I have an electronic version of the manual

So if you send me your e-mail address I will forward a copy

to you - Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived