Security Installer Community

Csl Dualcom Gsm Installation

BBSS

Looking for installers opinions on the above hardware.

I have a site with 2 Galaxy Panels and a Scantronic panel all of which require Dualcom monitoring. Also the fire panels are to be monitored to.

I was just wondering how installers found the hardware to install? Previously installed Redcare GSM but this would be the first Dualcom. Going through the Dualcom technical manual all pretty standard.

Thoughts please

BBSS

• 5 months later...

We have Installed alot and can recommend them highly will recommend you get a signal tester from Dualcom to analyse the network coverage if your in Rural areas as we have found issues with coverage on a couple of the installs even when using High gain antennas etc

Other than that the latest units come straight from Dual comm with the setup instructions attached to the unit for self learning all the pin outputs etc absolutly spot on.

Edited by Couger

I have had many signal issues in town centre's. Saying that the one we fitted today in a metal clad building had a signal of 8.2

Not to keen on the new antena the small black one. If fitted on a galaxy you have to cut a 20mm hole in the top of the panel, if you try to use the knock outs provided you would not get the panel lid on or off.

I have had many signal issues in town centre's. Saying that the one we fitted today in a metal clad building had a signal of 8.2

I think i said in rural areas and i meant that as we live in sunny cornwall which is mostly rural,

There is however 1 or 2 sites which we have done in town centers which have suffered major issues with the vodafone network

in the end i think we switched to another unit on O2.

8.2 damm thats pretty low, is that with standard antenna supplied with the unit or High gain separate antennna

82 i mean.... lol @ low....

I have on working on a 23 and it never drops out.

It's as much about base stations as signal strength

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

We have fitted around 600 to date and found them very easy to install and easy to program.

Only had a few that had to go back with problems.

post-1613-1227135027_thumb.jpg

This was one batch.

God i remember fitting all them. At one point we where fitting 5 a day every day for weeks on end.....

Guest RJBsec
We fit more Dualcoms than redcares, so easy to sell and set up.

I prefer the new aerial from the old one, thought the old one looked a bit big and clumsy, although at least the fixing holes were hidden.

QFA Dualcom is easy to fit, easy to get up and running straight out of the box ... order today ... live tomorrow!

QFA Dualcom is easy to fit, easy to get up and running straight out of the box ... order today ... live tomorrow!

Woah there. Not quite that easy. You need to carry out a site test first to make sure you're gonna get the necessary signal strength. They only use the vodaphone network which in some areas is dead ropey.

Woah there. Not quite that easy. You need to carry out a site test first to make sure you're gonna get the necessary signal strength.

Surely this is the case with any 'radio' based communicator?

Trade Member

Surely this is the case with any 'radio' based communicator?

well yes, but Roger was implying that you can just fit and run. I thought the statement needed some balance

Guest old-hand
well yes, but Roger was implying that you can just fit and run. I thought the statement needed some balance

Reminds me to get boss to use the flucking test meters on a survey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry, forgot. He has a inbuilt antenna......................

We have stopped using the signal test meter as we have found it always gives a better signal than the actual fitted figure. We now use a dualcom on a battery with the NVM chip removed to get a 100% accurate reading.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest old-hand
We have stopped using the signal test meter as we have found it always gives a better signal than the actual fitted figure. We now use a dualcom on a battery with the NVM chip removed to get a 100% accurate reading.

Good call, but you missed my point!

Guest RJBsec

Radio strength test, actual or anticipated, is obviously necessary before fitting but in my experience, in my area, I have yet to find an site where Dualcom could not be used - I have had just one experience of where I was unable to upgrade from a 'Paknet' pad to GPRS.

• 5 years later...

Apart from the possible issue highlighted recently would you say dualcom less issues than webway overall? Would you drop Ernest in favour if dualcom ?

Drop webway I meant

Apart from the possible issue highlighted recently would you say dualcom less issues than webway overall? Would you drop Ernest in favour if dualcom ?Drop webway I meant

I think you're talking to yourself on this one.