Security Installer Community

Looking At Various Panels ..

I am looking at installing a wired system to my own house and as it has been a while since I looked at the panels avaialable I wondered what you guys would recommend.

The house is a 3 bed detached with a tandem garage so I would be looking at an 8 zone panel with just one RKP. The panels I have in mind are:

Texecom Veritas Excel - not keen on the RKP but I have fitted before and is OK

Guardall Rx16

Eurosec CP8L

I just wondered what Honeywell are like these days? I don't like ADE (although part of Honeywell) and some of the Menvier RKP are a little ugly for siting in the hall.

Any information, opinions and advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

imo the cpl8 is a good panel, but many engineers express they dislike the keypad, but i personally don't dislike like it and clients have never kicked up.

its the lowest level panel i'd personally fit, i keep a couples on board for emergency replacement of older tech panels and small flats.

for the extra cost involved i'd suggest look at the CPX Plastic/G490 metal if going the gardtec brand, packs a big bang for the buck, as they have a built in voice dialler, which while it is basic it is very efective.

if you ever need to go monitored then it will better likely comply than the CPL8 (which won't).

as for the other panels, i have not used them so have no issues or commet i can usefully offer either, what ever you chose many common features will be carried on all of them. unless you have special requirements all will likely be suitable, so its more of a case of if you can understand the one you buy, and like the aesthetics - in that order.

before you stick anything on the wall put it on your work bench and wire it up, it will save you loads of frustration - and shoe leather, its what i and many professionals do with any new range of equipment.

reg's

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Menvier M range keypads are OK with the in colour blue screen or you could splash out and get the chrome or brass flush fitting kit (but they are a bit over priced )

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

[quote

Guardall Rx16

Eurosec CP8L

All the above are ok its down to personal choice and your budget

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

I am looking at installing a wired system to my own house and as it has been a while since I looked at the panels avaialable I wondered what you guys would recommend.

The house is a 3 bed detached with a tandem garage so I would be looking at an 8 zone panel with just one RKP. The panels I have in mind are:

Guardall Rx16

Eurosec CP8L

I just wondered what Honeywell are like these days? I don't like ADE (although part of Honeywell) and some of the Menvier RKP are a little ugly for siting in the hall.

Any information, opinions and advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there and welcome. If you really wanted to push the boat you could buy a Galaxy panel with a touch-screen keypad.

Manchester based Lee 07709 736 987

www.secure-solutions.info

Archived