Security Installer Community

Pet Detectors

You might think so but you'd be pushed to notice the difference to be honest. They are very good detectors though, IMO.

Over several years and with reps saying there detectors are the best we went the optex route, but we all have our own comfort zones when it comes to detectors and panels.

Personally a good galaxy panel with optex detectors is a winning combination, but people don't like galaxy "generally" mainly as they don't understand them and its the same for detectors.

As standard a optex detector set to pulse count 4 "about the only adjustment that can be made" can be put up and you can walk away knowing that NO adjustment will be necessary.

So when we employ people with a lack of overall experience fitting alarm system these are great.

Matt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

On the same subject, my friends have asked me to swap a couple of pirs to pet detect ones for them as there getting a cat, they have the honeywell/ade G3 optima compact system.

There going to restrict it to hall, kitchen and landing, there are two pirs in these areas, one in the kitchen and one in the hall.

Does anyone have any advice, should I go for ade detectors as they have this system? -such as the activ8 quads?

Do I have to look out for any copatibility issues with the detectors and panel?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Just going to say : OPTEX OPTEX OPTEX

Thats all we fit rx40pt and the mx40pt, we have been fitting optex now for about 8 years and personally only ever had to change 1 due to unknown FA. I would normally say there is always a reason for a fa but couldn't find IT.

These detectors fitted in the right location cant be beaten, i set them to Pc 4 and they out strip everything out there.

Just be careful where you site the detectors, don't point them at stairs or fit them where pets can get too close, follow these rules and never look back.

Matt the Optex rep.

Agreed.

Guessing, but reckon fitted well over 5000, maybe changed, 3 or 4.

so whats the difference between the rx40pt and the mx40pt?? and are these available through gardiners??

RX40pt = passive infrared detector

MX40pt = Dual technology detector

And yes gardiners should stock them svendogg.

The rx40pt are good for most locations, but in harsh locations fit the MX40pt "garages etc"

Wow 5000 fitted and what 3,4 issues, speaks for itself

Regards

Matt

RX40pt = passive infrared detector

MX40pt = Dual technology detector

And yes gardiners should stock them svendogg.

The rx40pt are good for most locations, but in harsh locations fit the MX40pt "garages etc"

Wow 5000 fitted and what 3,4 issues, speaks for itself

Regards

Matt

Was a guess!! Spoke to colleague today, then checked in FA log.

19 rx40's changed in 5 yrs, though 6 proved ok in workshop soak test. :unsure:

Personally prefer fx50sq in garages & conservatories.

I agree with the OPTEX fans, but with any detector read the insert in the box.

Most false alarms come from incorrect installations!

Wrong mounting heights, tilting, facing stairs, etc!

Detectors use different technologies for "Pet Friendliness"...

Some simply use thicker lenses for the lower fields of view, while others actually use algorithyms, etc.

Even the best "Pet Friendly" detector incorrectly installed could create problems.

n

In terms of compatibility, most detectors are analog triggered, and can be wired to most control panels.

n

Archived