Security Installer Community

Wireless Cameras

LDM

HI guys

Has anyone used wireless cameras before ? I fitted some the other day and had problems with the signal strength. What happend to good old fashioned cableing hey. I'm not a fan.

Manchester based Lee 07709 736 987

www.secure-solutions.info

HI guys

Has anyone used wireless cameras before ? I fitted some the other day and had problems with the signal strength. What happend to good old fashioned cableing hey. I'm not a fan.

i wont fit wireless at all costs cabling it is for me whatever the difficulty :yes:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Wireless is ok, assuming you site survey etc.

But cheap wireless (and im assuming here also) isnt.

This stuff works and works well

http://www.radiodata.co.uk/Products/rdt-video.htm

The stuff built into the camera is awful and barly does 10m.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i wont fit wireless at all costs cabling it is for me whatever the difficulty :yes:

I'm a subbie. so the problem is when you work for different companies you have to fit what has been sold unfortunatley. Beggers can't be choosers.

topic moved to CCTV section, please try to observe the titles of the differnt forums and post accordingly.

C.

Ok sorry about that

Wireless is ok, assuming you site survey etc.

But cheap wireless (and im assuming here also) isnt.

This stuff works and works well

http://www.radiodata.co.uk/Products/rdt-video.htm

The stuff built into the camera is awful and barly does 10m.

The stuff I'm using, you cable from cam to transmitter and the transmitter obviousley needs line of site with the reciever and branches of trees blowing seems to be affecting the signal on off on off .

Manchester based Lee 07709 736 987

www.secure-solutions.info

yeah cos its sh.....

I know the units, very popular on ebay and certain importers. But we have only ripped em out, had one that was doing 6m line of sight, reciever was rammed in a plastic box mounted outside. Even that one lost signal at different times of the day.

We are doing a wireless project for a property that has no cabling and wants outdoor cameras quickly. We are using a WiFi WDS network backbone with client bridges on each camera pole, and using IP cameras. That works beautifully if you know how to do a serious WiFi distribution system. We are using inexpensive Access Points and Client Brides, the work is all in the configuration and survey.

agreed but your tlking IP, modified aerials and channel distribution.

Well done, and if you spend a simialr amount of money you could go a lot futher with an analouge setup from RDT.

I think the basic message is pay

Archived