Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension G3 With Touchscreen Keypad

gundog

Same here, we have the system set up as a demo board but not installed one yet.

Nice to look at and really easy to use with some good features...but not much use at the moment without the prox. It should be ready for release soon though.

Has anyone fitted one of the Galaxy Dimension G3 with touchscreen keypad systems yet?

We have got some on demo boards but waiting till the tag reader fuction is up and running

before exploring any further.

Thanks.........

Hey gundog,

I installed a few, they are ok.

Except some minor software bugs with the touch screen..

It's also happens that the touchpad refuse the input or is late for responding, but thats beacuase of huge ..??amound of datawich the Dimension cannot handle.

As usual microtech is placing the panels on the marked while there are some troubles.

You will get software updates, its a bit of shame that they don't bring it after let it test is by engineers before.

your customers will like the keypad, but for domestic customers it can be to much, price and possiblitys i mean.

but, maybe in your country its no problem.

good luck with them.

Michael

Cant say out of the ones we have fitted i have seen any software issues with the keypad. Infact its an ademco part and been about for a few years... just not here and not on a galaxy, so id say its pretty tested.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We discussed this before didnt we whistle. What is the problem?

Here is the problem.

G3 96 with 2 groups and 3 prox keypads.

group 1 is a bar / nightclub 2 x rkp,Branch 1

group2 is the office 1 x rkp, area Branch 2

I program the groups and test with the codes all ok some have access to both groups some dont 6 codes in total.

I program 6 fobs into the system from the rkp in the office and test all ok.

I test a fob from any of the other rkp's and find i get an error bleep and nothing else but the rkp in the office go's into the group setting menu.

I phone honeywell and go through to programing of the fobs and how they are set up in the new access menus on the g3 96 all set up correct. The tech guy at honneywel go's away and a new more advanced tech guy comes on the phone and go's through what i have just done with the other guy again, no luck. Then this guy says we have a software problem with some of the G3 96's

He recomended i dont use branch 2 and put all the rkp's and rios on branch 1 that should sort it out, no i say are you going to re-lable all the detectors and re-type the spec etc.

I then get told to phone my local rep who will sort out a spy key with a software upgrade. Did this and was prommised a spy key asap in the post.

I am still waiting.

My customer is having to use codes to set and unset the system, and that dont conform.

Guest anguscanplay
He recomended i dont use branch 2 and put all the rkp's and rios on branch 1 that should sort it out, no i say are you going to re-lable all the detectors and re-type the spec etc.

I then get told to phone my local rep who will sort out a spy key with a software upgrade. Did this and was prommised a spy key asap in the post.

I am still waiting.

My customer is having to use codes to set and unset the system, and that dont conform.

I can imagine ................ I love customers who decide they know better than me.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is the problem.

G3 96 with 2 groups and 3 prox keypads.

group 1 is a bar / nightclub 2 x rkp,Branch 1

group2 is the office 1 x rkp, area Branch 2

I program the groups and test with the codes all ok some have access to both groups some dont 6 codes in total.

I program 6 fobs into the system from the rkp in the office and test all ok.

I test a fob from any of the other rkp's and find i get an error bleep and nothing else but the rkp in the office go's into the group setting menu.

I phone honeywell and go through to programing of the fobs and how they are set up in the new access menus on the g3 96 all set up correct. The tech guy at honneywel go's away and a new more advanced tech guy comes on the phone and go's through what i have just done with the other guy again, no luck. Then this guy says we have a software problem with some of the G3 96's

I am still waiting.

Interesting. Had a wee chat with the tech guys at Honeywell regarding the trigger header on a Dimension 520. Still only has 6 outputs, and no line fail input. Hell even the G2 range have full 8 outputs, line fault input. Apparently the Dimension was supposed to have these added. Coming from Menvier panels (not this M series rubbish, talking 900, 2500's) The Galaxy is a bit 'messy' with the outputs all over the place. I also find no speaker drivers from the Rio's silly.....? (talking on a G2) An X Node on a Menvier could do anything!!!

persoanlly id rather not have ac drivers in a rio.

Just use a hi lo sounder and use the low only input. Program output as e/e horn.

Theoutput will pulse just liek a speaker etc. Can also use buzzers, led's inputs into pa rigs. IMO DC output far more flexible.

I do agree on the header though (well the lf input) would be uselful and stop you loosing a zone.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived