Security Installer Community

Pss Firequest Panel Advice

gundog

Only seen one once, and never again I hope. Customer tried a weekly test on a mcp and nothing .

Went to site and found that over half of the devices on loop 1 had vanished from the memory. Had to re learn them back onto the loop 1 by 1. Took ages, customer not happy, neither was I.

Tech support a joke!

Just my experience and humble opinion of course

Sometimes other people "tinker" without enough knowledge....

Seen a Morley sitting happy after a reboot with a loop not learned in....

It's not "always" bad kit, sometimes the kit gets blamed when there is user/engineer error (never I hear you say,yeah right!!) and it's simply hard stuff to work on.

I don't know this kit but it sounds like a pig to work with.

But if anyone asked me about JSB Omega panels!!!!! Only panel I ever saw that could totally crash "and" leave the front display indicating all is well......... :angry:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Sometimes other people "tinker" without enough knowledge....

Seen a Morley sitting happy after a reboot with a loop not learned in....

It's not "always" bad kit, sometimes the kit gets blamed when there is user/engineer error (never I hear you say,yeah right!!) and it's simply hard stuff to work on.

I don't know this kit but it sounds like a pig to work with.

But if anyone asked me about JSB Omega panels!!!!! Only panel I ever saw that could totally crash "and" leave the front display indicating all is well......... :angry:

The asthetics of the PSS panel are a plus point but as the threads are going this seems to be the only plus at the moment! :!:

I'd like to add a certain radio panels to that list... the radio transmitter board can fail or "drift" off frequency and therefore not send any signals to switch on sounders.... But the panel says everything is fine..... hmmmm !!

Evening all, we have just ripped out a pss firequest plus from a site due to loop 1 dieing on us for no reason, plugged onto loop 2 worked for about 7 mins then loop card failed

put advanced mx4200 in and has been working fine, thinking about sending back to pss with a note saying "Thought you may want this back as we have enough door stops"

regs

Adam

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Evening all, we have just ripped out a pss firequest plus from a site due to loop 1 dieing on us for no reason, plugged onto loop 2 worked for about 7 mins then loop card failed

put advanced mx4200 in and has been working fine, thinking about sending back to pss with a note saying "Thought you may want this back as we have enough door stops"

regs

Adam

Thanks very much for your advice guys.........mmmmmmmmm, best to steer well clear. :banned:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I would like to place a reply to the comments made regarding PSS products and on the board listing address bellow

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...showtopic=25094

I have been using PPS for some 8 years and although we have had issues they were corrected. I will try to provide this statement to you in an overview of the industry and on a point by point basis.

The issues the fire industry has is the lack of engineering skill. I get sent CV from recruitment companies for candidate that were a butcher 2 years previous and they are being offered out as top engineers.

*NOTE THE ABOVE COMMENT FOR LATER WHEN TALKING ABOUT PSS LTD*

An Engineer was held in high regard a few years ago. I myself did a HNC in electrical engineering in the Royal Navy, came out and went into the fire industry in the early 1990. I have commissioned big fire systems on land and Marine.

All panels out there have their problems, Kentec, PSS, Advanced and Kidde they don

Have to pay an annual fee for the dongle to go with the software, also if you change your laptop you need to pay again to get the dongle working. Panels have some good features but my experience although slightly limited is that they are a bit hit and miss, have had loop learns abort by themselves half way through, loop learns not pick up devices, loop learns that would not give a report at the end and on it goes!!!

Went up for the training and spent most of the day listening to the MD go on about how good the panels are and where they are used.

PSS FIELD ENGINEER SAID

"If you have bought a dongle for the software you only have to send us the token. Send this to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXwere using as this is an undocumented problem unless using Firmware 168-169a and depending on the CPU's clock (as this was updated around that release).

This has been corrected in our latest release and was caused by a clock change at the time.

And as for the MD well, if you had a company would you not want to sell its products........

If asked for help we will give it and answers for any problems difficultys etc and how to resolve and why they occur.

We are here to help!!"

Post moved to this one.

So do these panel offer upload download etc?

If so is there any info generally available on them?

These panels do.

What information would you like to know?

37 mins between Mr firecommander & Mr psssltd's posts is far too orchestrated for my taste.

guys if you want to "defend" that's great but what about introducing yourselves here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...hp?showforum=14

there is also a "trade only" side to the forum you can't currently view wher more detailed discussion can be had.

info here - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/trade.asp

once you have made 15 posts you can apply to access it via the link in my signature below.

cheers

C.

Archived