Security Installer Community

White Noise / Disorientating Siren

jontawn

Help!! ;)

We've specified a white noise generator on a quote i've put together, however, the only item i can find which remotely comes close to it is this badboy: http://klaxonsignals.com/productDetails.as...p;categoryID=50

But I wondered if anyone out there had any further suggestions for something which would be equal in terms of that disorientating / white noise style?

it needs to be "effing loud" (quoted from the customer!) ;)

cheers fella's,

Jonathan.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anguscanplay

did you not think to check it even existed before you sold it .................... ? go back and tell your customer you`ve made a mistake.

That is the white noise generator.

I fitted loads of them in small super markets while working for a national co.

They are very loud, like about 10 sound bomb II's going at once.

Hi Whistle,

I dont suppose whether you know if there are any alternatives available, other than the klaxon unit?

merely thinking of the price ;)

cheers,

jt ;)

That is the white noise generator.

I fitted loads of them in small super markets while working for a national co.

They are very loud, like about 10 sound bomb II's going at once.

Guest anguscanplay
Help!! ;)

We've specified a white noise generator on a quote i've put together, however, the only item i can find which remotely comes close to it is this badboy: http://klaxonsignals.com/productDetails.as...p;categoryID=50

But I wondered if anyone out there had any further suggestions for something which would be equal in terms of that disorientating / white noise style?

it needs to be "effing loud" (quoted from the customer!) ;)

cheers fella's,

Jonathan.

It does exsist! - see above!

I just wondered whether there were any alternatives!?

JT ;)

Hi Whistle,

I dont suppose whether you know if there are any alternatives available, other than the klaxon unit?

merely thinking of the price ;)

cheers,

jt ;)

hang on, you`ve specified a piece of kit but can only find something that"comes close" and then you need to shop around because you can`t afford to supply that item.

the yeti exists too J.

either go back tell your customer you got it wrong or supply what you said, just put it down to experiance. But make sure your backs covered vis the legal aspect of using it.

Hi Bud,

Apologies, allow me to clarify.

We can supply this item (when it gets in stock) however, due to stock levels and me being a tight-ar$e, I wondered whether there was an alternative available (perhaps a bit cheaper too)

Its no worries if not ;) we'll just get that item ordered.

But surely that cant be the only one product in the world to perform the same task.... can it???

jt ;)

hang on, you`ve specified a piece of kit but can only find something that"comes close" and then you need to shop around because you can`t afford to supply that item.

the yeti exists too J.

either go back tell your customer you got it wrong or supply what you said, just put it down to experiance. But make sure your backs covered vis the legal aspect of using it.

ooooh ;) Morgan ... i dont suppose you've got pricing on that item do you?

i've added it/them to my list of people to call tomorrow!

Master Blaster? not familiar with those!?

Yeah, with it being 'up that lane' the idea is to have a siren/noise that would put any would-be intruder off, as it would be disorientating, whereas a siren could just be loud.

Its all cabled up now, I finally got that kit-room sorted out and the rack built, started comissioning but i'm going to re-do some of the wiring in the panel so it looks a bit tidier, there isnt much room in that gd96 enclosure now the network module and 17ah battery are in! ;)

had some issues with the bellbox too, the microswitches werent been activated when the cover was screwed on, a quick 'adjustment' to the angle of the metal lever and all now sorted ;)

i digress ;)

jt

Smokecloak can supply a whote noise siren that looks identical to that.

Archived