Security Installer Community

Hard Drive Recorder Brands

HoofHearted

I'm looking to put in a Hard Drive CCTV recording system at our warehouse premises. I'm just looking for the popular brands.

I notice that Maplin are selling some Swann equipement. I wondered what the main brands are? And what might be a good website where I can see this sort of equipment?

Thanks,

Ian

I'm looking to put in a Hard Drive CCTV recording system at our warehouse premises. I'm just looking for the popular brands.

I notice that Maplin are selling some Swann equipement. I wondered what the main brands are? And what might be a good website where I can see this sort of equipment?

Thanks,

Ian

hi ian,

tbh there is a massive dearth of makers, and suppliers. Maplins kit is in the starter range.

i'm not knocking Maplins DVRs as it will do a job but for how long? the price shows where its aimed at in the market such as a house or small business self install. at the other end of the scale you can spend several

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

They are, but to be honest, most places just want a letterhead, and they will sell you kit.

True.

Reminds me of the Rockford Files. Print your own bus card outside the shop/office/warehouse then walk in. Get introductory discount. Hoiked you in then throw you in the keep net. lol.

Now, where are my savings......

They also do a 80GB one for considerably less, and a 1TB one for considerably more.

Horses for courses, didnt realise the op was after cheap. (didnt know we could quote trade prices either tbo)

Work out what you want to achieve, how many cameras you will need, day night, internal external cams etc. lighting? How long you need to record for before overwriting, remote viewing, and a whole lot more.

If you want a does everything for a ton out of a box good starter for a small business kit, try screwfix.

In my experience every business is different regardless of size as are their requirements.

my fist DVR i used was from ebay cost about 37 quid was in a well known maplin store for 199, 100FPS recording very simple,no CD,No motion detect and MPEG comp BUT been used 24 hours a day for 2.5 years and ................. you guess it no problems, infact ive paid 400 quid recently for a DVR thats a bit better spec with cd recorder MPEG4, and motion but with that i get 3 year warrenty.

altho ive never used them are DS over price for what they, are anybody????

whatever the OP ends up with will depend on the risks to his car, how much the car is worth and what he can aford.

cctv tends to be post the event, so unless you sit and watch it for 24/7 (which i just bet you will for the 1st week :lol:)

so yes you might see the car get scratched if on the same side as the camera view, or when it was knicked but your not guarenteed to get a decent mug shot or that face, or it is already known to the Police without which you money is likely to be wasted.

by allmeans back it up with CCTv but not with the cheapest kack. imho without seeing the location i'd use external motion detection like GJD Opals, if wild life is a real problem then use a Gartec WatchOut which ignore animals - of the 4 legged veriety (but you need to source them from an outlet), that way persons near you car will cause an alert so you can look out of the window.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I may have the wrong idea of this forum ....but why are people talking trade details to end customers

There are twp parts to the forum, this thread is in the public area. I think the idea is our banter may (lol) help those seeking it.

Then again it may confuse. But unless they ask....

Archived