Security Installer Community

Galaxy500 Data Trouble!

Installed 2 extra rio's on to a Galaxy 500 panel today. The modules were added in the normal way as i left engineer mode but were lost when i Restarted the panel. I checked the address's and there is no sign of any cable damage between the rio's and the panel! Does anyone have any idea's why this is happening???????

Installed 2 extra rio's on to a Galaxy 500 panel today. The modules were added in the normal way as i left engineer mode but were lost when i Restarted the panel. I checked the address's and there is no sign of any cable damage between the rio's and the panel! Does anyone have any idea's why this is happening???????

Have you checked the RIO comms?

Its not going to help much I would imagine, they are supposed to need the 680 ohms at each end of the rs485 bus.

Probably more of a issue the longer the cable. I would terminate it as recommended and see if it helps, at least it is one problem ruled out either way.

Yes the comms are o.k and the addresses are o.k, the only thing i can think of is that; there may not be an end of line resistor across the last rio's data A+B! Would that cause this kind of trouble though?

I dont think it would cause your problem.

I guess i'll have to have a play around! It was annoying because i'd programmed up the 16 new zones and they all walk tested a treat! Everything was cool till i did a system restart! I'm not back there now till next wk so any more idea's in the meantime would be most welcombe! (When Big panels go bad it suck's!)

You should have the EOL, but it being missing is more likely to cause data problems rather than a total loss. Are they smart or boxed rio's? Why did you restart the panel? did you go in and out of engineer again?

I'd put the EOL in, re-check my connections and power and addresses. Could also try swapping the rios that dont work for ones on the line that do to check for faulty rios.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived