Security Installer Community

False Tampers Eurosec Cp8l Lcd

robf781

Hi Guy's

I'm not an alarm installer but I am a tradesman (gas technician) and I'm studying 17th edition shortly (already got part P) so I'm fairly confident with electrics etc. I know you cannot divulge any security affecting information over this site so please feel free to point out if the question I'm asking is too sensitive to answer.

My question is this, I moved into my house about a year ago and the alarm has been fine all that time (except for 1 tamper when I tried to remove a sensor for decorating :oops: ) but recently I have been getting lots of tamper alarms at random times through the day. It doesn't seem to be caused by any particular room, any particular time or weather conditions, or any other constant I can think of. I've gone round and sort of waggled all the sensors including the door open sensor, the control panel and the control box (but not the bell box) and none of this has caused it to go off.

I was just after some idea of if there's anything I can do DIY to try and locate the fault. An engineer in the street told me it might be the battery, is this true and if so can I replace it myself or does it need to be done by an engineer? I have the master code for the system but obviously don't have any engineer codes (and don't want them either).

Should I start removing the covers for the detectors and checking the tamper springs? Or should I trace the cables and test for continuity? I have heeard it might be caused by the tamper sensor in the external box corroding which I'm sure will mean calling someone out unless they are easy enough to replace.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm a bit skint at the min so don't fancy paying someone else to do the work unless I have to (ie. I'll do what I can before calling someone out).

cheers People. :rolleyes:

Each time the internal sounder goes and you enter your code you will get a display coming up. This should narrow it down quite a lot. If you havent noticed it should be in the log (memory). Let us know

what it is and we may be able to help further.

Wilks

Just says ??????Check?????? then when I enter my code it says Tamper, but nothing else. Wait a moment I'll check the log see if it tells me anything extra.

Just says ??????Check?????? then when I enter my code it says Tamper, but nothing else. Wait a moment I'll check the log see if it tells me anything extra.

Checked the log and that's the same, just states the date and time and "tamper" nothing else. Thanks for helping out :yes:

that panel has a 'global' tamper so it could be

any of the sensors

any of the doors

any of the sounders

any of the keypads

the panel itself.

youll need to track it down a bit mate.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

that panel has a 'global' tamper so it could be

any of the sensors

any of the doors

any of the sounders

any of the keypads

the panel itself.

youll need to track it down a bit mate.

James

It's not the keypad as that comes up with keypad tamper, so it must be any of the other stuff. Where do I start though......

I have one door sensor, 3 PIR's, and the main keypad and panel in the hallway. Only a small system.

only one way really, you need to test each device's tamper switch then if youdont find it, check the cable.

Are they just simple 2 wire switchs (ie. you just test for continuity) or is it more complicated?

Also if I can't find it in the house, when I open the bell box (when the system is not armed) will the alarm go off fully or will it just do the usual tamper alarm? Any ideas?

Guest anguscanplay
when I open the bell box (when the system is not armed) will the alarm go off fully or will it just do the usual tamper alarm? Any ideas?

that will indicate as a seperate item in the log

new carpets recently?

that will indicate as a seperate item in the log

new carpets recently?

Nope, everything just as it was the last few months. Only difference being a few recent power cuts lasting about an hour each.

I'm glad the bellbox would log seperately cause that means I don't have to touch it.

cheers

Archived